Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford 6000 Rds Problem

cloudchaser

Hi to fellow members.

I bought a second hand 2008 Focus a couple of weeks ago. There is 41000 on the clock. Fitted is a 6000cd radio.All has been fine with the cd radio during that time until that is this morning, when for a reason known only to the radio for no reason switched to phone mode when I was listening to a radio station. It righted itself after a few seconds but then a couple of minutes later the same thing happened, this time I had to switch it off and on again in order to right the situation. The problem also happens if I play CDs. Have any members come across this problem and if so is there a solution?

Regards.

Derick

Sounds like the switch is shorting out and causing the stereo to think you want to make a phone call.

Did you connect up the radio stalk?

Hi.

Sorry, not too sure what you mean by radio stalk. as mentioned have only had the car a couple of weeks. Have done nothing apart from switch the radio on an off.

Derick

You should see a radio stalk by the left hand sideof the steering wheel. this is just under the trip computer stalk.

Take a photo and share it and we might be able to help some more.

Hi jeebowhite.

Further to your request I attach 2 photo's. One is I hope the stalk you were refering to and the other the actual radio.

Hope this is of help.

Have to say that at the moment the radio is working flawlessly, but feel that having happened once it will happen again.

post-50154-0-97620300-1390646715_thumb.jpost-50154-0-60476100-1390646712_thumb.j

OK, so basically you can see you have the MUTE button on the stalk. On occasion, either the switch in the stalk, or the wiring itself at the stereo head can just clunk and cause the stereo to access phone mode.

The MUTE button means that you do not have a dedicated bluetooth system on the phone, so its in essence the "Pause" or "Mute" button depending on what operational mode you are listening to the radio in (i.e. Mute for radio, Pause for CD etc).

If you look at the back of the bigger stalk on the second picture, behind you will find a small square gap. If you poke a long slender screwdriver into there, it will release radio stalk, then remove the stalk and disconnect the wiring from the clip.

Now drive around without this for a week or so and see if the issue occurs again, if it does not, it means that your stalk is faulty, if it still has issues, then it would indicate that the fault lies at the stereo side.

Things have progressed further over the last day or two. Now the unit will not accept CDs. I might add that these are CDs that up to a couple of days ago played without a problem. Now whenever I insert a CD all I get is a CD error and then it is ejected. On the face of it it looks like the unit is kaput. Have decided to invest in a third party unit and in particular the pioneer FH-X700BT which hopefully will not be so frustrating.

Thanks for your help and support.

try removing the fuse for the stereo system (make sure you have the radio code!) leave it for a few hours, then plug it back in and try again.

• 2 weeks later...

Have decided to cut my loses so to speak and have bought and fitted a pioneer fh-x700bt. So far no probs. A fantastic radio with great sound quality.

Thanks to all those who took the trouble to try and help me out. A great community.

Glad to be of service! did you wire up the radio control stalk or are you just using the headunit?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club