Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gear Box Issue

billy_boi

I have a 06 fiesta style climate (1.25 petrol).

I'm finding it increasing difficult to get it into mainly 1st and sometimes second gear.

First of all are these the signs that a new gear box is required?

Second the car is still within warranty. Great just get it checked out for free i hear you cry. The issue is however, I foolishly unknowingly bough an ex-driving instructors car. Have the previous modifications to the car void the warranty?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Billy

I have a 06 fiesta style climate (1.25 petrol).

I'm finding it increasing difficult to get it into mainly 1st and sometimes second gear.

First of all are these the signs that a new gear box is required?

Second the car is still within warranty. Great just get it checked out for free i hear you cry. The issue is however, I foolishly unknowingly bough an ex-driving instructors car. Have the previous modifications to the car void the warranty?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Billy

you can only ask who you bought it from :(

take a look at the cluch is it worn out driving school

What previous modifications? Did you ask if the 'pervious' modifications were also included in the warranty? Did you buy the car privately or from a garage in which case they'd have to cover the modifications unless they mentioned to you they wouldn't cover them? If you did buy it from a garage, take it back under the warranty!

Foolishly, unknowingly?? Hardly.... If it's an ex driving school car then you can rest assured it has been well looked after, serviced and any repairs done promptly and correctly, and you at least know it will never have been thrashed by someone trying to see how how much speed they can 'wring' from it!

I doubt you need a clutch on a 2/3 year old car but if it's still within warranty I would get it checked anyway just for piece of mind.

Previous mods would surely be dual controls?? Cant see as these would invalidate the warranty.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club