Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cleaning Products

WelshAde

What products do you all use, at the moment i have a load of Meguiars gear on the shelf untouched since i sold the st.

Now im having a black car i think ill be cleaning on a regular basis(which i enjoy anyway)

What polish , cloths etc do you recomend??

eBay here i come lol

Auto Glym :)

I agree that Auto Glym is very good but I also like Mer.

Based on that other thread's advice, yesterday I invested a mighty €9.99 in a Turtle wax mitt for washing the car and, being quite skeptical about this initially, I have to admit that after washing both mine and Noddy the result was far better than using a sponge.

Both cars were sparkling without any polish and, when we went out earlier today looking for patio sets, it was almost heartbreaking to have to get one of them dirty! :lol:

My Fiesta drew the short straw so Noddy is still sparkling!!! ;) ;) ;)

I use auto glym I spent 2hours the other day cleaning my car when the weather was nice did the full inside and out after I did that me and the girlfriend went out for dinner when we where in the pub the worst thing happend... It started to rain but not just a shower full on down pour and with my fiesta been White that's not good, and to make things worse my girlfriend thought it was brilliant and could not stop laughing all the way home, all she kept saying was "I told you it was a waste of time it will just get dirty again" I can see the funny side now but then I was not impressed lol

I use auto glym I spent 2hours the other day cleaning my car

2 hours!!!!! blimey wish mine could be done that quick. Its an all day event is doing mine.

n540656190_984869_5478.jpg

Autoglym for me too :D

2 hours!!!!! blimey wish mine could be done that quick. Its an all day event is doing mine.

Damm man your car sure must know you love it :D

I think I will have spend more time doing mine :) Im just going back to work now so when I get home a weeks time if the weather permits I shall give my baby a good clean before I use her :D

9 years old mate and if you didnt look at the reg plate you'd never know it.

DSCF0145.jpg

Thats her Feb 08 3 weeks after being polished ;)

SY99 thats stunning for 9 year old car,Ive seen some 1 year old cars that look like they have spent their life underneath a horse.

I use turtle wax ICE I get brilliant results with that but open to suggestions

Kristal

you need some wax in that collection or else your car is protected properly, and maybe a clay bar aswell

you need some wax in that collection or else your car is protected properly, and maybe a clay bar aswell

2nd bottle from left = super resin polish. Valet bag has Ultra Deep Shine and Extra Gloss protection in it. Thats just my show display. Also if it needed claying I'd get some, however it doesnt. No disrespect but considering before I bought it it looked like this

DSCF0005.jpg

The next day it looks like this

DSCF0007.jpg

5 years on it still looks as that picture, though more modified. I think I'm doing something right. But thanks for your comments.

just so you no super resin polish is not a wax and leaves no protection on the car. also if the car has never ever been clayed before i would suggest trying it to check the difference, its astonishing the change that can be made

it is great for getting rid of very fine swirl marks and suck like but you really need a wax for better protection.

Super resin polish is just as it says a paint polish. Wax is always always needed.

If my old car could polish up so well, I would get a whole lot more for part exchange.

just so you no (should read KNOW) super resin polish is not a wax and leaves no protection on the car. also if the car has never ever been clayed before i would suggest trying it to check the difference, its astonishing the change that can be made

it is great for getting rid of very fine swirl marks and suck like but you really need a wax for better protection.

Super resin polish is just as it says a paint polish. Wax is always always needed.

Why diss my car, it looks fine for 9 years old and 105,000 miles. Again thanks for your opinion but I'm happy with my car looking how it does thanks.

Description

Long Term Beauty Treatment For All Paint Types.

Periodic polishing will remove surface contaminants which may otherwise harm your vehicle's paintwork. Super Resin Polish provides a tough, shiny, protective barrier, acting as a combination cleaner, polisher and paint sealant.

Easy to use and safe on all types new or mildly oxidised paintwork including metallic, clearcoat and water-based finishes.

Afterwards apply a coat of Extra Gloss Protection for that Ultimate Finish.

I'd rather listen to what they say than someones free "advice" who cant even manage to spell KNOW correctly in the first sentence he speaks to me

i am not dissing your car, i think the car looks great.

i was trying to give you some friendly advice considering i know quite alot about cleaning cars and have some good friends that know alot more than me.

note to self, shut up in future :rolleyes:

on another quick note you mite wana stock up while its on offer here.

http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Auto...n_Polish_2.html

used the voucher code DWX to get 10% off also

i am not dissing your car, i think the car looks great.

i was trying to give you some friendly advice considering i know quite alot about cleaning cars and have some good friends that know alot more than me.

note to self, shut up in future :rolleyes:

Well as I said thanks for your comment. But with many car shows behind me and valeting 4 cars before each of them mate I know a bit about valeting too. First rule being if it doesnt need doing dont do it. Abrasive claying when not needed can cause more damage than it repairs. Super resin is mildly abrasive and removes a fair amount of surface scratching, the rest gets covered in the resprays for stone chips which cant be avoided no matter what the wax/polish regime you use. As I also said thats my show cabinet, my valet bag contains many lovely things

check my last post for some handy website you mite like atm.

a quick one aswell i only use my clay twice a year using a none abrasive sonus green clay bar and dodo juice born slippy lube for added protection, no damage can be done :D

check my last post for some handy website you mite like atm.

a quick one aswell i only use my clay twice a year using a none abrasive sonus green clay bar and dodo juice born slippy lube for added protection, no damage can be done :D

Mate, the evidence is there in the photos. My regime works. End of story, back on topic please

in no way have i said it hasnt.

to everyone else please look at my thread before about the products i use and how i was the car.

best product around at the moment - dodo juice lime prime lite for anyone who wants to make the paint extra glossy and smooth.

also everyone make sure you have ALOT of microfibre clothes :lol: i have turned all of mine blue now cus i put them in the wash with a really dark blue one oopsie :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club