Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Wheel Fitment/tyre Sizes Etc.

Vikingraider

I'm on the hunt for a set of alloys for a firends Fiesta. It's a 58 plate registered in 2009 Fiesta 1.4 TDCI, so does that make it a Mk7? It would appear so.

It has steel wheels fitted at present with a mix of three makes of particularly dubious tyres, which I'm less than impressed with given that it's come from a main dealer and two appear to be new. Tyre sizes are 195/50/15 and I'm looking for a set of alloys to replace them with, and hopefully with decent tyres fitted.

I've found a set on eBay which are ideal, except they're fitted with 195/55/15 tyres, which will upset the speedo and gearing somewhat (not to mention giving the insurance company a reason to increase premiums). What model would these have come from?

So, if anyone has any knowledge of what alloys would be a direct swap for the steels and what the offset etc. would be, I'd appreciate some advice. I'm not at all interested in aftermarket alloys, so let's get that out of the way for a start, eh. ;)

Cheers.

Not sure if your friends Fiesta is Mk6 or Mk7 as its close to the crossover point. The info you need to look out for is "4 stud, PCD 108, with an offset ranging between 35mm to 47mm depending on size. Have a look here:- http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible_pg4.html for some good info on wheel and tyre sizing.

Sometimes people will fit the wrong size tyres because they are cheaper than the correct ones. I once bought a Mk 2 Mondeo that had 195/55/15 fitted instead of 195/55/15 because there was a 20% price difference. Unfortunately the bigger tyres rubbed on full lock which is a MOT fail.

I'm on the hunt for a set of alloys for a firends Fiesta. It's a 58 plate registered in 2009 Fiesta 1.4 TDCI, so does that make it a Mk7? It would appear so.

It has steel wheels fitted at present with a mix of three makes of particularly dubious tyres, which I'm less than impressed with given that it's come from a main dealer and two appear to be new. Tyre sizes are 195/50/15 and I'm looking for a set of alloys to replace them with, and hopefully with decent tyres fitted.

I've found a set on Ebay which are ideal, except they're fitted with 195/55/15 tyres, which will upset the speedo and gearing somewhat (not to mention giving the insurance company a reason to increase premiums). What model would these have come from?

So, if anyone has any knowledge of what alloys would be a direct swap for the steels and what the offset etc. would be, I'd appreciate some advice. I'm not at all interested in aftermarket alloys, so let's get that out of the way for a start, eh. ;)

Cheers.

those wheels won't upset the speedo, some people change their 15's to 17/18's and doesn't upset it makes it more accurate tbh, and mine are 195/55/15 tyres as long as the alloys take that size tyre then its fine. i have no issues with mine at all.

as long as the alloys have 4x108 pcd and the correct tyres fitted to them that the alloys require then no problem. but don't go above 17", offset is mentioned above so if it falls in that remit then they are good :)

For insurance purposes the wheels will be staying the same diameter at 15", and the tyres at the correct 195/50/15 size. I've had dealings with insurance companies with regard to changing tyre sizes and ratings etc. before, and although it's something I can cope with (I've got plenty of experience of making sure they don't have opportunity to stuff you) I don't want to put the lad in that situation. When I say he's a friend, it's actually the daughters boyfriend so I'm trying to keep him on the right track.

As far as Mk6 or Mk7, it's the later style one. I've seen references to Mk7, Mk7.5, and Mk8 all with the same body shape, so I'm sure there's some misinformation about on the web somewhere. It looks like this one, and these are the wheels I was looking at finding. (Pinched a pic off Autotrader.)

media.jpg

thats defo a mk7 m8 if its 2009 i can confirm that. if you want to stay on 15's then you will want to make sure the tyres are correct yes, but some alloys are deeper than others, but the 50 is the side wall size i think so its best if you stick to the same ones that are one the car atm if that means going to ford and getting a brand new set of alloys then yes, or you could get the set of eBay and have all the tyres changed to new ones (which is the way id go as long as the cost works out as ford will be expensive )

yes there is loads of wrong information on the net about the mark of fiesta's as people do count the 6's then 6.5's then 7 and 7.5 some just say 6 7 8 and even saw one saying it was a mk9 lol hope this helps

New ones will only be the same size as the old ones mate,

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club