Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Mondeo Ghia X Faulty Boot

DavyMond

Hello all,

Having some trouble with my boot. The dash button to open it has stopped working altogether, and the button on the key works sometimes.

Eventually when it does open i cant get it closed again for a while it just keeps bouncing back up.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Sounds like you have a faulty boot micro switch. I had one in my previous Mondy do it, the boot micro switch is about £10 from fleabay

I actually keep thinking about disconnecting mine. Unlike the rest of the car, there's nothing actually wrong with it - I just don't like the idea of random strangers being able to open the boot when I'm sat at traffic lights. Though admittedly, I'd love that to happen when I've got my GSD in the back.

I was under the impression that you can turn in the lock function whilst driving. As in over 5mph the doors lock and when you open a door they all unlock again. I may be wrong I'm only going by what I've read on that one

I was under the impression that you can turn in the lock function whilst driving. As in over 5mph the doors lock and when you open a door they all unlock again. I may be wrong I'm only going by what I've read on that one

yes you can have an movement lock when going over 5mph

http://www.fordwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Motion_Autolock

I had a similar issue on my 03 estate, I removed the switch took it indoors and dismantled it and gave it a thorough cleaning with some electrical contact cleaner reassembled and refitted and it was as goo as new :afro:

Thanks, i will get it sorted now i know whats wrong!!!! Haha

Have a look at the Ford Guides section of this website, go to the CMAX section, and a fellow put a how to in there. I followed it, wired in a new microswitch and it works a treat!

Given that I hadnt soldered for about 6 years prior to it, I did this in total after a couple of hours... and my soldering wasnt exatly super tidy either!