Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Instrument Cluster Lighting

greggp

Mk2.5 titanium 2008

As some of you will know, the instrument cluster is permanently lit regardless of wether lights are on or not. My type is the white numerals and red needles.

As soon as you turn the ignition key the cluster lights up.

Question I have is, could some external source to the car stop this from happening momentarily??

The reason I ask is its happened a few times to me, 3 or 4 at most over the last 2or3 years. but tonight being the 1st for a good year or so. And it always happenend in the local tesco xpress car park nearby, surely not coincidence.

Turn ignition key, The car headlights come on, the dash needles are lit, but the white numbers and background lighting doesnt come on....within 5 secs or so of driving off, they came on.

If there is a strong EMF presence, electrical interference or magnetic attraction, it could be that it is stopping it, but its unlikely. It would need to be a very strong force.

If there is a strong EMF presence, electrical interference or magnetic attraction, it could be that it is stopping it, but its unlikely. It would need to be a very strong force.

+1, quite unlikely I'd say - just a coincidence maybe?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club