Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Removal Of Rear Bumper Trim On Mk2 Focus

1stghia

I am sure I have read on here how to do this without removing the whole bumper, but for the life of me I can't find the post, google just keeps sending me to eBay :s So can someone point me in the right direction please? or throw the info over here :D

The part in the pic with the arrow ;) not my motor but it peeing down so I didnt want to get the camera wet lol

many thanks

dave

post-45522-0-78862400-1391183095_thumb.j

i believe if you get under the car there are clips that can be pushed out from the rear though ive never had mine off

Thanks for that .. Iwas going to try and pry it off with a plastic spatula lolol

much appreciated :)

I removed tht bit of trim few months back to spray it. If you check out my pics you will be able to see it from a rear pic I have on my pics. I used a kitchen knife and very slowly pulled it off. A tip is to push the knife in from the underside of the trim as this is easier due to how the clips are located. Be carefull as tto not bend the plastic too much tho as you pull it away from the bumper :)

Yeah thats the reason I want it off mattyd , start the colour coding as its cheaper than a complete bumper at the minute :D Cheers for the info ;)

Best thing for removing trims is a set of Bojo tools.

I use one for radio fascias etc.

A full set has all you need for door panels and various trim pieces.

Nice one for that clive, just googled them :D will come in very handy.. and stop the mrs from moaning when I dissapear with her kitchen utensils lol

I was fed up of scoring things with screwdrivers.

They're very handy indeed.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a chance to get my mitts on a busted up rear bumper from work and had a good fiddle with it before it went in the skip.

I grabbed a few photos of the mounting brackets and clips so anyone contemplating removing their bumpers or bumper trims may have a better idea of what to look for.

Download and view the PDF at your leisure.

The mounting brackets are the same for a MK2.5 also.

Focus Mk2 Rear bumper clips and brackets.pdf

• 1 year later...

Hey,

any ideas where you get the part showing in Dave's picture? struggling to find one anywhere?

many thanks

lewis

post-28494-0-67325100-1438343688_thumb.j

Take the Finis (part) number to Ford.

The two parts listed are the smooth trim and the trim designed to take parking sensors (prices are in euros)