Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Owner

Mark.McC

Hi all!

About to take delivery of my first Ford and the first car I will have my own name against. Come first of March, will be driving a Fiesta Zetec with Ford Sync and the city pack.

Will probably be looking around the forums as the date gets closer, perhaps a little TOO excited.

Mark

Thanks all

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Welcome to the family Mark!

Only because I don't know where else to post this, the 1st of March is going to feel like a long while away!

From anyone who has bought a new ford before, should I be getting an update on the car soon? On the finance or even the registration of it?

to be honest, you only really recieve an update periodically, probably when the car is done in the factory, maybe when its on its way! otherwise about a week or two after its arrived!

Only because I don't know where else to post this, the 1st of March is going to feel like a long while away!

From anyone who has bought a new ford before, should I be getting an update on the car soon? On the finance or even the registration of it?

I am picking up my new fiesta on the 1st of March aswell :) in regards to the finance I just called up, asked for the results and they gave them to me over the phone, the registration is done for you I believe but if you have a personal plate you have to take the papers in before hand, that's my job on my day off haha :)

I will probably give them a call tomorrow then. I managed to get into the deal that I got to pick my own registration, did it on my last car and was given a page of plates available to them to choose from. Heard it has changed slightly now and will have the choice of three, but will see come the day.

So I phoned and step 1, the finance was passed! However, Ford have seemed to have 'lost' my car along with a few others due into my dealer. They say they are now at the mercy of Ford when it turns up, which should still be on time.

Fingers crossed it still gets here on time, the wait is getting to me!

So little update after a week of battles! After an estimated day of the 1st of March, being told there would be no issues, booking in to come get the car that day, I was left not hearing anything. Upon having to phone, check if the finance was passed, the order was in, I was told my car would be delivered 3 weeks late on the 21st.

It doesn't stop there. The manager emailed Ford, copied me into the email and received a response today. My car has not even been built and will not begin the process until the 27th of Feb. Despite a salesman and manager assuring me the car was 'in transport'. After a lot of back and forth, I will now get a car on the 1st of March. Have the option to change it to black if I want, at no extra cost, or wait to see if they can find a white zetec in time.

All the fun has been taken out of buying my first car, but hey, atleast it looks as if I am getting one on the first! *crosses fingers*

Fingers crossed!

I would be taking your complaint to the manager for the misinformation and requesting compensation - freebies or otherwise!

I'm getting a car next saturday on the first! Will be panther black, but I won't be paying for the cost for the paint. On top of that, 2 years free service, full set of mats and a full tank of petrol. Think I came out of it all not too bad if I don't say so myself.

Glad to hear that it worked out in your favor. Going to be a long week, huh? ;)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Ford OC mobile app

Hi Mark,

My wife owns a 09 Fiesta 1.4 Titanium there a great car , reliable, quick and the ride handling are off the chart ,The features & spec are great you'll love it! there the best car in this class.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club