Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My New Mobius Dashcam

mixmasterlooney

I might have to try something like that, I have a can of compressed air which should be able to blow anything out of it.

Finally got my Möbius properly wired in in the back window.

Hardest part was fishing the power cable through the rubber hose thingy (and then routing the cable on the outside of the curtain airbags to make sure it would not impede their deployment).

post-2060-142599337879_thumb.jpg

On another topic, does anyone know if Ford sell these and what they are actually called? (They're off the A pillar, most of them broke when I pulled it off - although still usable)

post-2060-142599347813_thumb.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 3

They are panel clips bought from eBay dirt cheap

• Like 1

Finally got my Möbius properly wired in in the back window.

Hardest part was fishing the power cable through the rubber hose thingy (and then routing the cable on the outside of the curtain airbags to make sure it would not impede their deployment).

Nice neat instal there T

• Like 1

Ta.

If I was gonna do it again I'd change how I've wired everything.

I'd get an aux fusebox (eBay), and wire supplies to that and then wire from there to individual components. At the moment there is a spiders web of wires and spade terminals under the cigarette lighter socket (as I know its good for 20A) with each thing fused individually in-line. I could have fuse tapped everything but I'm unsure of the full capacity of each fuse (and wary of the cost implications of blowing transistors/FETs in the GEM.

I've also got 3 joins in the rear camera line - from where I've extended the cable over time. I'm not really happy about it but there was no other option really (moved the fuse to just an inch away from the supply to protect the whole cable). The camera draws less than 1A so I'm not overly concerned about the extra resistance of all the joins.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Can I just ask, for those who have bought this cam from the suggested eBay link - did you have to pay custom charges? Or did the seller declare the custom value under X amount of $'s? ;)

Can I just ask, for those who have bought this cam from the suggested eBay link - did you have to pay custom charges? Or did the seller declare the custom value under X amount of $'s? ;)

Declared as a gift, dunno the value.

• Like 1

No extra charges, just a long wait for it to arrive.

• Like 1

No extra charges, just a long wait for it to arrive.

Was there a tracking number included? Or was it sent via China Post Standard?

• Like 1

Was there a tracking number included? Or was it sent via China Post Standard?

There was a tracking number for at least one of the things I ordered from them. It's sent by China Post but the packet also says Royal Mail on it.

• Like 2

Ordered! -_-

post-62796-0-53653300-1426885098_thumb.j

(Will be ordering all the other bits too: Windscreen holder, Hard-wire USB lead and Mini piggyback)

EDIT: All bits now ordered. Last thing I need with be the MicroSD card. I'll be grabbing that from amazon.

post-62796-0-76016600-1426886849_thumb.j

• Like 3

Ordered! -_-

(Will be ordering all the other bits too: Windscreen holder, Hard-wire USB lead and Mini piggyback)

If you can get the small style hardwire lead they're a bit easier to stuff away inside trim than the big bulky ones.

• Like 1

If you can get the small style hardwire lead they're a bit easier to stuff away inside trim than the big bulky ones.

I'm not too fussed, as I have a set of pry tools. Plus I had a visual look in the car earlier, just to map out (in my head) where i'm going to run the wire. It's going to be an easy job, and can't wait to crack on with it.

I'm not too fussed, as I have a set of pry tools. Plus I had a visual look in the car earlier, just to map out (in my head) where i'm going to run the wire. It's going to be an easy job, and can't wait to crack on with it.

Aah the pic didn't show up earlier.

I know I've seen one with a massive block on the end nearest the USB end (meaning you had to hide it in the a pillar) - yours doesn't seem so bad and its on the hard connection end.

• Like 1

Aah the pic didn't show up earlier.

I know I've seen one with a massive block on the end nearest the USB end (meaning you had to hide it in the a pillar) - yours doesn't seem so bad and its on the hard connection end.

Yep, so will be easy to hide ;)

It's an easy job replacing a lense, I had one of mine out when I was seeing how easy or not easy it would be to fit it in the rain sensor cover.

I might try swapping the dodgy lens in my new Mobius for the lens in the old one, which I was going to set up as a rear facing camera. Am I right in thinking that the standard lenses are identical between old and new models of the Mobius?

If I can put the lens from the old camera in the new one, then I'll have a go at fixing the problem. The seller sent me a replacement lens module (not sure if that's the correct name for it) which I think is just the sensor which goes inside the lens. So I can either try blasting the lens with compressed air, or taking it apart and swapping out the sensor.

• Like 1

Phil,

I'm assuming the newer Mobius "grew in size" merely to accomodate the bigger battery, and that being the case

I think it would be fair to again assume the lens are the same on both the older and newer Mobius.

• Like 2

Phil,

I'm assuming the newer Mobius "grew in size" merely to accomodate the bigger battery, and that being the case

I think it would be fair to again assume the lens are the same on both the older and newer Mobius.

That would make sense, and does sound about right.

• Like 2

Phil,

Yeah hopefully, and I'll have a go at swapping the lenses at the weekend. Once I take them out it should be easy to see if they are identical.

• Like 1

Yeah hopefully, and I'll have a go at swapping the lenses at the weekend. Once I take them out it should be easy to see if they are identical.

Would you mind sharing some photo's (if you can) of the set-up of the rear cam please? This is something I will eventually do, as soon as my front one has been delivered & fitted.

• Like 1

Would you mind sharing some photo's (if you can) of the set-up of the rear cam please? This is something I will eventually do, as soon as my front one has been delivered & fitted.

I will when I eventually set it up. The thing is I'm planning on attaching it to the parcel shelf, so I want to get a 2nd hand parcel shelf first cos I'll probably end up ruining it.

• Like 1

Scuse me for not reading all 37 pages but, there's obviously a 12v live in the interior light cover (for switching on the light via the manual roof switch). Has anybody used that live for wiring the Mobius?

Cheers.

• Like 1

Scuse me for not reading all 37 pages but, there's obviously a 12v live in the interior light cover (for switching on the light via the manual roof switch). Has anybody used that live for wiring the Mobius?

Cheers.

That's what I thought at first when looking into hard wiring, and maybe that would work. I think it would turn itself off after a while, and the camera would start recording when you open the door and for about 10 minutes after, but still it could be an option.

• Like 1

Haha, you should try the elm config thread that's bigger still lol.

The 12v certainly is an option, the question is, do you want it on 24/7?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club