Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My New Mobius Dashcam

mixmasterlooney

Yeah the lense differences are based on the viewing angle and chipaet

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On my ST i have used this months ago to hardwire dash camera and you can use fuse 100/110 and 135 all ignition live only also have fitted the cameras in my mam's mk1 focus and familys various cars cannot be too careful now my mam feels so much better knowing she has it onboard as she is getting on and was starting to get nervous driving .

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Hello, folks.

I could be imagining this.... Are there new, different lenses for the Mobius out there at all? I know there is the A and C lenses, but was wondering is there are any that you can install elsewhere from the camera body?

I think I saw something like that on the these forums, but can't find anything on it!

The time for a rear facing camera has presented it's self several times in a short space of times... <_<

Cheers!

Kye

See Techmoan on YouTube - he found an extension kit for the Möbius to make a more hidden cam.

• Like 1

That seems to be the thing I had in mind. I think I'm better off using a normal Mobius.

Thanks for the tip. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Pics of my current on going rear set up. Few things need sorting. need to remove my foc sticker sadly.

Cable is held on with a bit of tape temporary this is stop the cable from twisting the cam when the boot lid is closed, the tape is temporary until I am fully satisfied with the setup then I will use some sort of glue that isn't permanent or visible.

Unfortunately there is some slight vibration going on, not enough to bother me but is isn't vibration free like my front cam

Did you manage to figure out a permanent fixture of the cable?

Did you manage to figure out a permanent fixture of the cable?

I've stuck my cable to the window using the converter box and 3M VHB tape (rear) and the front cable is stuffed behind the roof lining.

You can get VHB tape in small strips, that may be suitable for holding a single wire, or you can get sticky cable clips.

I've stuck my cable to the window using the converter box and 3M VHB tape (rear) and the front cable is stuffed behind the roof lining.

You can get VHB tape in small strips, that may be suitable for holding a single wire, or you can get sticky cable clips.

Was just curious, as my rear facing cam is being delivered today. Must keep in mind the "loop" section of the cable, for opening/closing the boot (as per post #601). I've got some VHB tape, and it's amazing stuff - really does have good bonding strength. I'm currently using it to hold:

My subwoofer remote:

post-62796-0-01029900-1430145500_thumb.j
My front Mobius mount:
post-62796-143427262236_thumb.jpg
... and some other bits and bobs!

Wouldnt it work bringing it thru the black gromet already in place for the rear brake light at the top of the window then bring it down thru roof liner ??? Im only wondering as i aint set up rear camera's yet on windscreen might look at them ones next 😃

Wouldnt it work bringing it thru the black gromet already in place for the rear brake light at the top of the window then bring it down thru roof liner ??? Im only wondering as i aint set up rear camera's yet on windscreen might look at them ones next

Yes, that is where mine is routed through. It's a fiddle but doable.

post-2060-144422600364_thumb.jpg

Aye problem I have is limo black tints so not sure camera will pick anything up through that but might fit in my mam's car where did you wire it up to for the rear I know there is a perma live for an extra cigarette power socket style thing on the focus but would want it to only power up when she starts car ???

Sent from my iPod touch using Ford OC

Aye problem I have is limo black tints so not sure camera will pick anything up through that but might fit in my mam's car where did you wire it up to for the rear I know there is a perma live for an extra cigarette power socket style thing on the focus but would want it to only power up when she starts car ???

Sent from my iPod touch using Ford OC

I ran a cable to the front of the car, and joined it onto my ignition switched cig lighter socket (but you can wire it to any ignition fuse) - make sure the cable is CLEAR of any curtain airbags (I believe mine is run to the outside, and only crosses back once the airbag is finished).

You should be able to find an ignition supply in the boot, esp if you have parking sensors factory fitted - I believe the parking sensors module has an ignition supply.

Limo black tints - you should be ok in the day - you might find if you change the exposure / WDR / etc settings you might find a nice balanced image.

I use a piggy back fuse direct into fusebox you can use either fuse 100/110 or 135 for them on the focus i would just bring down into that again if i did fit as not keen on splicing into wiring but ill look see if tints affect it 1st before i fit to mine

I ran my new rear dash cam off my "reversing lights" fuse #3 (7.5a) in my Fiesta - with no issues at all:

post-62796-0-01112300-1444283131_thumb.j
post-62796-0-99683500-1444283132_thumb.j

Is that active all the time or only when in reverse? Do the fiestas have canbus operated lights?

Is that active all the time or only when in reverse? Do the fiestas have canbus operated lights?

The reversing lights runs off ignition. If you imagine getting in the car, and popping it in reverse (without the ignition on) your reverse lights won't come on.

Yes, that is where mine is routed through. It's a fiddle but doable.

Any more photo's of how you routed your cable - only the bootlid section please? I like the fact (from what I can see) you don't have any cable hanging - looks much neater. I did try routing mine under the roof lining, then up through the black gromet type thing - but there was no room to feed the cable through - rather tight, lol!

post-62796-0-70047700-1444541150_thumb.j

• Like 1

I broke mine lol as you say it won't go through. Sadly the best advice I can offer is leave it well alone.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

The reversing lights runs off ignition. If you imagine getting in the car, and popping it in reverse (without the ignition on) your reverse lights won't come on.

Depending on how the wiring is done though, that will mean that you may only have 12v there whilst in reverse (depending on neg/pos switched).

Any more photo's of how you routed your cable - only the bootlid section please? I like the fact (from what I can see) you don't have any cable hanging - looks much neater. I did try routing mine under the roof lining, then up through the black gromet type thing - but there was no room to feed the cable through - rather tight, lol!

attachicon.gifGromet.JPG

The cable just goes in under the plastic trim, down through the rubber hose thing and then all the way to the left of the car and along the passenger roof edge.

I did wonder about putting it across the middle of the roof, but not being able to secure it to stop it tapping would have been annoying.

Now I've seen your picture, I'm not sure! I've got a plastic trim all across the top of my tailgate and then I think I routed it through a hole into the hose. I've got a Mk 2.5 though.

Quite happy with my Mobius set-up's now!

Front

post-62796-0-38198000-1434232849_thumb.j

post-62796-143427262236_thumb.jpg

Rear:

post-62796-0-51955100-1444667900_thumb.j
post-62796-0-20108000-1444667905_thumb.j
post-62796-0-63880200-1444667907_thumb.j
  • Like 4

• 4 months later...

Hello folks.

Is anyone having problems with their Mobius refusing to start recording once the ignition comes on? Mine is doing just that intermittently. It'll fire up a with a few start ups, then refuse to for one or two. I have to mass the buttons to get it to start recording. Not helpful as you can imagine.

It is configured to run off internal and external power and to start recording once power is received.

I'll have a look into it later and let you know what I find out.

^ I haven't noticed any issues with mine but haven't really being paying any attention to it. Could it be a sign that the battery is failing?

Sussed it. The PC had a wobbly and didn't get the settings and configurations across properly it would seem. I've flashed the camera, installed all the software again and it seems to be happier again. I'll report back on what happens. If all seems well, I'll put the capacitor back in (issues happened with that too).

• Like 1

On 2/16/2016 at 9:50 AM, Kye said:

Hello folks.

Is anyone having problems with their Mobius refusing to start recording once the ignition comes on? Mine is doing just that intermittently. It'll fire up a with a few start ups, then refuse to for one or two. I have to mass the buttons to get it to start recording. Not helpful as you can imagine.

It is configured to run off internal and external power and to start recording once power is received.

I'll have a look into it later and let you know what I find out.

Just came across your post here.I have had no issues at all with the camera itself but at the very start mine did this onece in a while and I found out that it was the SD Card itself. so I formatted it using the pc software programe for mobius and it works a treat now. O also have the option turned on to loop record as I thought that maybe this was happening when the card was filled. you could try that and see of it works and for a quick in car format here is the method to format it with the camera buttons.

" In-Camera Formatting The Camera contains a built-in formatter which may be used to format the SD card. In-Camera formatting is best done using mSetup.exe https://www.mobius-actioncam.com/ but can also be done as follows:

• Connect the camera to an External USB power supply or to a PC as a Removable disk (see above).

• Press and hold down the Mode button. DO NOT RELEASE the button until after the next steps are completed.

• Disconnect the camera from the power supply or the computer.

• The yellow LED will blink for a few seconds followed by three blinks of the red LED, after which the camera will turn off. You must wait until you see the red LED blink three times.

• Release the Mode button.

►In firmware versions up to v2.03 cards with a capacity greater than 32GB will be formatted with exFAT. All other cards will be formatted as FAT32. See the note about using exFAT in older operating systems in the Cards section, above."

Hope this helps. Its a great wee camera. :smile:

• 7 months later...

hi, trying to find the tutorial linkied here 

but cant seem to find it there, has it been deleted

I have a mobius that i  want to hard wire to a mk2.5 focus , is it fuse 100 i need to use for switched live?

Thanks