Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My New Mobius Dashcam

mixmasterlooney

How did you get on with the installation bettz?

How did you get on with the installation bettz?

I'm going to attempt it later on or most likely tomorrow. I've just finished off updating the camera and sorting out the mount. It looks fairly simple hiding the cables just the fuse and earthing the wire which are a little unnerving.

I'll post pics as soon as I've done it. Thanks for all the help that goes to everyone on this forum!

Don't let it scare you too much it's a very simple and easy job that only looks involving at first you'll be fine good luck

Here's the camera

I opted for the mobius bike helmet attachment as it's less noticeable which was done by user JakeBlade over on dashcam talk forums

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=181173830861&alt=web

I then replaced a few bits

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=291158637189&alt=web

To hold the camera.

I then replaced the big bolt and trimmed the m4 screw with this so I'm still able to move the camera angle & lock it onto place

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=271313138709&alt=web

post-54473-141192431632_thumb.jpg

post-54473-14119243253_thumb.jpg

post-54473-141192433499_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

That's a very nice design I might look into that for when I get a rear mounted mobius

Here's the camera

I opted for the mobius bike helmet attachment as it's less noticeable which was done by user JakeBlade over on dashcam talk forums

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=181173830861&alt=web

I then replaced a few bits

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=291158637189&alt=web

To hold the camera.

I then replaced the big bolt and trimmed the m4 screw with this so I'm still able to move the camera angle & lock it onto place

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=271313138709&alt=web

Yes very nice indeed David. I installed my mobius and hardwired it into the car with the help of Kurt's guide. Its well worth it when all is finished. Good Luck.

Right I've managed to push the cable through the interior light down to the side and through the rubber seal I'm now at the point of splicing the wire to earth but where do I put it?

I've no red or black cables on there own that i can see

I've a yellow & black wire point & black & purple wire point

Help I don't want my car to blow up if I wire it wrong haha I'm an electrical dunce

Behind the glove box towards the top there's a bolt could I just put the black wire behind this to earth?

post-54473-141198911531_thumb.jpg

Looks like the wasp wire there is earth, looks like it's attaching to the body behind the foam?

Looks like the wasp wire there is earth, looks like it's attaching to the body behind the foam?

Yes its connected under the carpet along with the black & purple wire which is on the side any idea what these are for? And will it be ok to earth the black cable under the black & purple wire?

Yes its connected to the wires running down the door with the black & yellow and black & purple which then run off and are bolted under the carpet.

Will it be ok to earth the black cable under the black & purple wire?

Are they the wires for the Speakers?

Sorry double post

To be honest it can go to any earth point, heck you can stick it to metal with tape lol

• Like 1

It doesn't matter what the colours are, any wire at all bolted to the metal body work is a form of earth. There are no open wires for the Speakers. The radio has its own earth feed and everything else go to and from speaker/bluetooth/mic etc directly.

So you are safe to connect it the bolt under the carpet

Even if you were to attach it to the metal body somewhere else it would be connected to the bolt under the carpet anyways through the actual metal body.

The entire car is earthed in that sense

Go ahead and wire it in

• Like 1

Right I'm all wired up.

Tested the positioning of the camera and flipped the camera 180. I couldn't work out why it wouldn't auto record until I found a setting in the 3rd settings page and set it to auto power on - Both which seemed to work when starting the ignition. I was all happy took the backing off the mount to stick to the windscreen but I noticed on the way to work the camera isn't recording...

It powers on when I start the ignition blue light then green. But the light doesn't go red

Update. Just drove home and nothing apart from the blue light then green flash wen the ignition comes on.

I switched the car off when I got home and pressed the power button on the mobius I then started the car and hey presto!! Switched the car off 2-3 times and it's working now.

Strange does the battery need charging?

I don't have one.....yet, but I'm sure somewhere in the instructions it stresses the point to charge it before use.

but I'm sure somewhere in the instructions it stresses the point to charge it before use.

If only life was so simple :lol:

As Turvey said it's very important to give the mobius a full charge before using it. If you haven't done this already you need to.

Do it on your computer or a wall plug usb charging adaptor, something you can use while keeping an eye on the cam.

Plug it in and do nothing, if it starts recording power it off and wait for the charging light to start, once it's finished, charging light will go solid green.

When solid green light shows disconnect and reconnect the charger and restart the process, do this about 3 to 4 times to ensure a maximum charge.

On the auto record now there are 2 other possibilities other than the battery.

1, you need to ensure the correct settings are on.

"Auto record on external power" should ne on

"Video loop recording" should be on (you cannot auto record if you can't override files when memory is full)

"Power on" should be on fast

"Auto off external power" set to immediately (you can change this later but we need to rule out the second possible issue)

2, possible power is being cut when starting your engine this can cause starting prob for the mobius if power is cut during boot up (that's where fast power on setting are needed and fast power off, if power comes on and the cam starts then power is lost, it will shut down then restart when power is stable such as your engine running)

A solution to this would be to use another fuse but I doubt this is the issue and you should eliminate the above first.

The mobius has had a charge via the pc a few times while i was messing around with a few settings but for no longer than 15 mins light is now continuous green when plugged in via usb so it looks like

its full.

I've changed all the above settings the only one which wasnt correct was the

Auto record on external power" should be on this was set to Both.

I'll give you an update later on

Cheers guys

The Mobius came today and I'm very impressed, and yet to take it for a drive. It took 11 days to arrive from the manufacturer in China.

Plug it in and do nothing, if it starts recording power it off and wait for the charging light to start, once it's finished, charging light will go solid green.

The manual says solid green means charging, and when the LED goes out it's charged which mine just did that so I guess it's ready to go for a drive :)

• Like 1

The Mobius came today and I'm very impressed, and yet to take it for a drive. It took 11 days to arrive from the manufacturer in China.

The manual says solid green means charging, and when the LED goes out it's charged which mine just did that so I guess it's ready to go for a drive :)

Thanks for the correction Phil. Glad you are pleased with your Mobius. 11 days isn't so bad

Went for a quick drive, video below. That was default video settings on high quality with no HDR. Quite happy with it although Youtube murders the quality even in 1080p.

The only problem is the video stutters a bit, I think it doesn't like street lights and keeps overcompensating for the extra light, which seems to cause the stutter. Also there are little buzzing and beeping sounds in the audio which I guess are caused by the battery charging or something like that, but these are minor things. Anyone else have the same issues? I haven't updated the firmware so might try that.

• Like 1

Went for a quick drive, video below. That was default video settings on high quality with no HDR. Quite happy with it although Youtube murders the quality even in 1080p.

The only problem is the video stutters a bit, I think it doesn't like street lights and keeps overcompensating for the extra light, which seems to cause the stutter. Also there are little buzzing and beeping sounds in the audio which I guess are caused by the battery charging or something like that, but these are minor things. Anyone else have the same issues? I haven't updated the firmware so might try that.

Looking good I might have to get one. How much did you pay?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

All signs of incompatible memory card, this is on the mobius forum, buzzing/strange audio sounds and stuttering. What memory card are you using and class?

It's impossible to show the mobius true video quality on YouTube and it's hard for people to understand after you've explain how great it is then seeing a YouTube video lol

• Like 1

Looking good I might have to get one. How much did you pay?

£42.56 from China: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mobius-ActionCam-Full-HD-Sports-Camera-1080P-30FPS-720P-60FPS-Pocket-Camcorder-/151071891306?pt=Camcorders_Professional_Video_Cameras&hash=item232c961f6a

And another £2.78 for the suction mount, but it's a standard camera mount so you could use another one. I think everyone needs to start getting these, I'm just lucky I haven't needed one up to now, but will feel a lot safer if anything happens.

All signs of incompatible memory card, this is on the mobius forum, buzzing/strange audio sounds and stuttering. What memory card are you using and class?

It's impossible to show the mobius true video quality on YouTube and it's hard for people to understand after you've explain how great it is then seeing a YouTube video lol

Yes I bet it's the memory card. It's a Samsung Evo class 10, but I have a Kingston class 4 in my phone, so I'll swap them and see if that helps. It also struggled to copy videos off the Mobius or even play them back on my PC, so I had to take out the card and put it in an adapter lol. They should have designed these SD cards to be more backwards compatible.

• Like 1

That'll be your prob. Class 4 is recommended and Kingston is a good call..

I'm surprised really how much the quality of sd cards varies so much

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club