Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My New Mobius Dashcam

mixmasterlooney

Tried opening it up and physically moving the lens?

I thought about it, but it's not worth it cos I adjusted the camera to the point where the middle of the videos is pointing in the direction I'm going. It just looks a bit funny when you see the camera pointing slightly to the left.

• Like 1

wee question about these dash cams do they record in a loop or do you have to wipe it for that day and do that everytime?

wee question about these dash cams do they record in a loop or do you have to wipe it for that day and do that everytime?

In a loop you have to change one of the settings

I think by default it separates the recordings into 5 minute segments and it automatically overwrites the oldest videos, so you don't have to worry about the memory card filling up.

If it's like my cam you can set it to 1, 3 or 5 minute loops.

It will overwrite unless you have a g-sensor trigger and/or a manual file lock button.

I just hit menu on mine and it locks the whole file or it will lock files once a preset g-force (during a collision etc) is detected.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't fancy attempting to hard-wire this camera in myself. How much do you think a garage would charge to do this job?

It's really not that hard but a garage would charge you an hour and parts

It's really not that hard but a garage would charge you an hour and parts

Hmm I may just opt to get a 3m USB cable and run it along the roof lining and down the passenger pillar and plug it in the spare USB slot in the centre console.

If the center console USB provides data connection too then you will need to use a USB cable without the data pins. If the Möbius sees a data connection it'll automatically go into PC mode and not record.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Ford OC mobile app

I don't fancy attempting to hard-wire this camera in myself. How much do you think a garage would charge to do this job?

I was a bit worried about hardwiring it but it was so easy, and there's plenty of support here

I was a bit worried about hardwiring it but it was so easy, and there's plenty of support here

One of the lads I went to school with is a mechanic in a Ford dealership so I may ask him if he fancies sorting it and I'll get him a bevvy :)

If you can change a fuse, match colours and know how to loosen/tighten a single bolt, you can wire in a dashcam!!

• Like 1

Absolutely, it's so easy to do that you would wonder why you asked the garage.

Hmm looks like I may just have to throw myself in the deep end :)

Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Definitely. Find a fuse tap, a bolt and get tour spanners out, it's so little work for a large gain.

Didn't need spanners for mine.

Since I converted my front cigarette socket to be ignition switched, I just ran my cameras cable to there and connected up with some spade terminals. Even easier!

Didn't need spanners for mine.

Since I converted my front cigarette socket to be ignition switched, I just ran my cameras cable to there and connected up with some spade terminals. Even easier!

Can you get a pic of your setup?

The back of the cigarette lighter socket has spade terminals (6.3mm?), I ran an ignition live tap from the fusebox to a relay (with protective diode!!) mounted below the socket, so that it will switch with ignition.

If you don't use a relay with diode you will have high voltage spikes fire through your cars electrical system when you turn the ignition off... On my old car it would unlock all the doors, haven't dared try on my focus!

I simply piggybacked the camera between the two.

Bit untidy but all connections secure and using appropriate gauge wire for the current.

• 3 weeks later...

Been thinking about a dashcam, while cost is not irrelevant, I don't want to buy something cheap that's no use, but then again I don't want something obviously on show.

Coming done to a A118 and a Mobius, anyone have experience of both or can suggest anything else? I'm not worried about the wiring in as that's needed in either case, my priority is a discreet set up so tis not too obvious.

I plan to put in the submarine lighting LED mods at the same time so I've wires to hide regardless....

• Like 1

The Mobius is very discreet as I proved when I told someone I have a dashcam, and he looked at the car and said "is that it?" pointing at the sun load sensor lol. More importantly it gives good quality 1080p video and decent sound, but it's my first dashcam so I have nothing else to compare it to.

• Like 1

I have one of these and find it a good bit of kit-

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=351197947409&alt=web

If you want one with twin cameras-

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=271143923755&alt=web

Wow, that looks pretty cool. Did you order it from that seller? did you literally fit it like they show in their pics or did you mod it?

• Like 1

Yep, that seller.

It just clips on the mirror and the cable plugs into a socket.

I have my cable run down the A pillar, under the centre console and into the rear power socket under my armrest.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club