Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why Does My 1.4 P Reg Fiesta Seem To Be Guzzling Fuel

Daniel Peters

my 1.4 p reg fiesta seems to be guzzling fuel i have noticed we are putting in more petrol than we should be we cant see any petrol leaks any where

we have knever filled the tank right up and as for a service i dont know when it was last serviced as we did not get any service history with the car

we have knever filled the tank right up and as for a service i dont know when it was last serviced as we did not get any service history with the car

A good service would be the first port of call. Old oil/plugs/filters won't be doing your engine any favours and would certainly contribute to poor MPG.

I'd wager you will see a noticeable improvement once this is done.

I've got a 1999 Zetec (just retired it) with the same problem - turns out its one of the front brake calipers - the piston inside isn't retracting fully and as a result the pads are slightly rubbing on the disk all the time - felt like I had a car full of fat b*******s or the handbrake was on slightly cos the acceleration (usually brisk) was non existent and fuel economy suffered aswell. Might be something to look at?