Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1000 Ecoboost Real World Mpg

PedroG

My C Max 1000 ecoboost had 10000 on the clock when I bought it, so I'd expect it to be well run-in and to be getting the best mpg I'm likely to get, however I'm getting 36/38 with a mix of mainly country roads and some town driving. Expected more, based on claims of 54 from the manufacturer, thought I'd maybe get around 45/48. The dealer I bought it from said I should be getting more.

Any suggestions as to how I can improve this?

Thanks

:rolleyes:

Winter is difficult to judge a car's MPG, the cold means that more fuel is naturally used.

Best thing to do is to get the car a full and thorough service (all filters and oils replaced) a treatment of BG244 for petrol should clear a few contaminents out and a reset of the ECU by disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it after half an hour.

I had bad figures on my CMAX last year, did this and in total gained about 12 - 15 mpg on an average drive.

Thanks for your input James. The car is a Ford Direct purchase, just got it last week, so a full service should have been done and everything back to manufacturers standard. I'm using it to work this week, so it's getting longer journeys, I'll keep an eye on it.

Pete

dont assume its had a full service.

Most dealerships when selling on "approved" cars (in my experience both Ford and Kia) have reported a full service completed, yet changed only oil and oil filter.

My C Max 1000 ecoboost had 10000 on the clock when I bought it, so I'd expect it to be well run-in and to be getting the best mpg I'm likely to get, however I'm getting 36/38 with a mix of mainly country roads and some town driving.  Expected more, based on claims of 54 from the manufacturer, thought I'd maybe get around 45/48. The dealer I bought it from said I should be getting more.

Any suggestions as to how I can improve this?

Thanks

:rolleyes:

Sounds about right. That's what I'm getting with my Fiesta.

I suppose I'm a bit niave to assume they do what the say! Had it to work the past 2 days, 12 miles each way, open road and 3 villages en-route. MPG is sitting at 42.7, a lot better. I'll give it a long one at the weekend and see how it pans out.

Thanks for all input guys.

Pete :)

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I'd post an update on this. The dealership took the car in and 'updated' the engine management system. The trip computer now reads between 43 and 46 mpg (combined cycle) and it seems to be comparing well with 'actual' mpg.

One thing I've noticed is that the gear shift indicator wants me to change up earlier now (5th at 30, 6th at 40) but the engine labours a bit if there's any load (uphill for instance), so I'm mainly sticking to my previous habits (5th at 40 and 6th at 50) and it still gives me better mpg. I also pushed it up to 70 on a level road and the mpg still crept upwards, so here's hoping!

Cheers