Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync Update 13 Plate Fiesta Econetic 1.0 Titanium

Vertig0ne

Hey guys,

I am struggling with an issue on my Fiesta, I have a software issue. My bluetooth device is stuck in a "unable to delete" state. It's deleted the device enough that I am unable to reconnect the device to receive phone calls, but I can still bluetooth music from my device.

The device is an iPhone 5 (if that makes any difference, although I believe this to be more a car software issue then a device software issue). I use my phone a lot while driving so the bluetooth connectivity is important to me. But back to the problem...

I believe a software re-flash will resolve the issue as would do things like overwrite the ROM in it's entirety (Assumption from experience, I am a software engineer).

However, I am unable to download the current version off Ford's website as it will not recognise my VIN number.

Is there any way I can get this software without having to go to the dealership (I was there tonight, but I am of the understanding that due to the time I arrived there, to do something else, It was pretty much closing time and suggested phoning again tomorrow)

I am fairly certain this is a 5 minute fix if I had the software file (assuming the software doesn't have a silly check like make sure version > currentVersion) but getting it seams a task within itself. So can anyone help? Or am I stuck with going back to the dealer?

EDIT: If it makes a difference it is the facelift model

Frustratingly, customers can't yet download a Sync update, it has to be done by the dealer, and some dealers try to charge. I think you can reset the bluetooth module by removing the appropriate fuse, but i'm someone better qualified will advise.

I concur with the frustrating part, Ford provide an option to update the software in their cars for end-users, yet somehow neglect to provide the software rendering that option entirely useless.

You are a diamond, I'm off to do that right now. Thank you so much.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club