Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whining Noise From My Engine Bay...

lukeseh

First post on here so I hope it works!

I have a 2008 focus titanium 1.8 TDCI 115 diesel with 78788 on the clock.

Last week I drove from Cumbria to Edinburgh. I stopped my car to reverse into a bay and the engine was quietly whining, as I put it in reverse and started to rev it got louder, took my foot off the accelerator and it reduced with the revs making the horrible whining noise. I think it's doing it between 1000-2000 revs and you can't hear it any higher than that.

Iv noticed recently on start up that it's not as strong and can turn over for a bit longer than usual before it starts and kicks out some smoke, is this related or another costly problem??!

Any help is gratefully received.

Any questions let me know.

Luke

First of all welcome to the forums,

The recent starting issues could be due to the cold weather, diesels need a bit more oomph to get going than a petrol engine especially when it's cold.

The whining could be a bearing, but without investigation it could be from a number of things like the alternator, aircon, tensioner etc

Iv had my car for three years in May, so I know that the starts are not the norm.

Think it's a trip to the mechanic for my car!

Thank you.

If anyone has experienced these problems I'd love to hear from you!

You say it's not as strong on startup, if it's still on the original battery I would ask your garage to load test it. It's a hard time of year for older batteries.

Make sure you didnt trap the Wife under the bonnet :rolleyes: Common problem apparently :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club