Do Not Sell My Personal Information

mondeo tddi zetec 2ltr 115 bhp

trueblue552

wonder if anyone can help me or advise me ,

i bought a mondeo tddi zetec estate and on the day i bought it it drove back to my home no problem ,but the day after i was driving it in my village and the heater plug light came on and it cut out rolling to a stop, so rac came out to me and he said it could be a faulty diesel pump but after having a machanic look at it said its defo not diesel pump ,and he took the fuel cut of switch out from the pannel and shook it and he said its this thats the fault it was very very loose so he has put it back and said to drive it as normal and if it goes again then take it off and make sure its pressed in ,,,,

but im not 100% sure ,when im driving it does seem has if the fuel has been cut off and just flashes heater glow plugs then stops ,

but the weired thing is it will restart after about half an hour ,so can anyone help please ,,

thank you clive ,,

your car is showing signs of a cam sensor fault ,did the mech read any codes from the ecu? i would have this done to see whats stored if the glowplug symbal was flashing there should be some fault code stored.

thanks mintalkin we put a comp on ecu and no faults are showing ,the glow plug light dosent flash it comes on and the car stalls ,

so pass but not sure if light comes on before it stalls or after but through shock of it stalling was keeping my eyes on the road ,

but what i carnt understand is its will start up again after 20 mins or so and run for a few more miles ??????????????????????????????

thanks mintalkin we put a comp on ecu and no faults are showing ,the glow plug light dosent flash it comes on and the car stalls ,

so pass but not sure if light comes on before it stalls or after but through shock of it stalling was keeping my eyes on the road ,

but what i carnt understand is its will start up again after 20 mins or so and run for a few more miles ??????????????????????????????

If it is the cam sensor as mintalkin suggest, these sensors can behave differently at certain temperatures. They gradually start to fail as they get older partly due to them heating up and cooling down constantly and this could be fooling the ECU. Renault have a very similar problem with their TDC sensors on most models.

thank you stef if it is the cam sensor then were is it located and is it a easy fit or a garage job ,

you could be right cos someone said it sounds like somethings getting hot and cutting out ,

but with me been dissabled i need the car to run ok with minimum problems ,

thanks clive ..

around £20 from ford and 10 mins to fit

hiya again been a big missunderstading somewere i rang ford dealers for parts and they say my car dont have a cam sensor ,but had it to another garage and they saying its the fuel cut off switch itself took it off and shook it and he said it sounds like it fell apart inside but cos its a sealed unit it carnt be checked ,

but if its taped it cuts the engine ,

so hopefully a new fuel cut off switch will cure it ,

but many thanks for your help and sugestions ,fingers crossed im on my way to owning a very nice car ,,

thanks clive,,

oh my god what have i bought ,broken down once again this morning now im told its the crank angle sensor thats cutting it out ,

so digging in deep into my pockets and getting ready for a very expencive ride ,

iv been given a print out of were its located but dosent mean a thing to me looking into engine on car looks like its hid behind a pannel and dosent look easy

wonder if anyone can help me or advise me ,

i bought a mondeo tddi zetec estate and on the day i bought it it drove back to my home no problem ,but the day after i was driving it in my village and the heater plug light came on and it cut out rolling to a stop, so rac came out to me and he said it could be a faulty diesel pump but after having a machanic look at it said its defo not diesel pump ,and he took the fuel cut of switch out from the pannel and shook it and he said its this thats the fault it was very very loose so he has put it back and said to drive it as normal and if it goes again then take it off and make sure its pressed in ,,,,

but im not 100% sure ,when im driving it does seem has if the fuel has been cut off and just flashes heater glow plugs then stops ,

but the weired thing is it will restart after about half an hour ,so can anyone help please ,,

thank you clive ,,

:rolleyes: As a new member i was interested to hear of the cutting out problem. i have now spent £2,000 on pumps, Crank case sensors, and diagnostics and i still have the original problem. The vehicle (52plate 20ltr tddi) will run like a dream and then without warning will cut out ( with the glow plug light flashing) even at 60mph you can not bump start it, but if you pull to the side of the road it will then start on the key. It may then run for 50 yds or 5 miles but will repeat the process. Every time this happens the same codes appear. P1665 Injection Pump Control Module Communication. P1608 Internal ECM Malfunction. P0335 Crank Position Sensor A Circuit Malfunction. P1631 Main Relay Malfunction (Power Hold). My local Ford dealer is stumped and i am exhausting both my wallet and my options. Can anyone help please? PS Have replaced Crank sensor (new from Ford) Fully reconned pump also from Ford

one things bothering me been on my mind all night ,

if a fault is on ecu and has stopped engine from working .when the part is changed will the ecu reset itself and allow the engine to restart ,

or will the code have to be removed from the ecu before it will let the car start ,???????????????????????

please help ,

thank you

the codes listed on ecu was

p1665

p0380

p0216

p1246

p0231

p0335 of wich i was told was the problem its cutting out , was told its something to do with the timeing ,,

but they was all removed by the rac ,so just carnt understand why its not starting ????????????????????????????????????????????

iv heard some news through the grape vine and is not happy ,,

the problems im having and been told it happens to them all cos its a so called common fault ,iv been told its a selanoid on the diesel pump that get hot and were out thus making your ecu think all the sensors are faulty .and ford will not say this is the problem cos there parts dep and service dep are making lots of money from motorists changing sensors and things when all the time its down to a small part that they no will cause the problem again ,

im not 100% sure were the part is but according to a small garage who gets lots of these problems in says thats what the problem is and they can put it right ,

so after the hollidays mine is getting booked in first thing tuesday morning ,,,

iv heard some news through the grape vine and is not happy ,,

the problems im having and been told it happens to them all cos its a so called common fault ,iv been told its a selanoid on the diesel pump that get hot and were out thus making your ecu think all the sensors are faulty .and ford will not say this is the problem cos there parts dep and service dep are making lots of money from motorists changing sensors and things when all the time its down to a small part that they no will cause the problem again ,

im not 100% sure were the part is but according to a small garage who gets lots of these problems in says thats what the problem is and they can put it right ,

so after the hollidays mine is getting booked in first thing tuesday morning ,,,

I would be interested. Let me know.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club