Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2008 Fiesta St Knocking Noise

chriscc

Hellpppppppppppp

Hi everyone

I hope some one can help, I recently purchased a 2008 ford fiesta st with 12000 miles on, since I bought the vehicle I have noticed a knocking noise on the front left of the car when I turn right and touch the accelerator, I have had this in the garage and they are stumped, they have changed parts of the suspension, steering and also the drive shaft which has not fixed the problem

I am at my wits end and feel like getting rid of the car, knocking noise aside the car is great but I don't want a car that is going to knock every time I turn right

I'm hoping someone can help, maybe they have had the same problem or know someone who has had a similar problem

Thanks

Chris

have you checked gearbox/engine mounts, also check exhaust is mounted right.

i take it they checked wheel bearings?

• Like 1

CV joints (depends on the kind of "knocking noise")

• Like 1

surely when they changed the drive shaft it had new cv joints cnt imagine the shaft alone would have been changed

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

any news on this guys i have same noise and iv changed shocker drop link. top mounts  . hubs bottom arm. streering rack 

only thing i got to try now is lower engine mount  gearbox mount and box 

mine only doest it when i turn right at a bit of speed and on off gass. 

20160317_104951.jpg

iv replaced top gear box mount lower dog bone mount . full shocker shocker top . drop links steering rack hub drive shaft bottom arm you name it iv done it the only thing left to change at that side now is gearbox but this sounds a bit ott . any one ells got any ideas

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club