Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus St

D13 HPD 95

Evening people, i have a 59plate fiesta and im looking to sell it within the next year maybe next July after my insurance has finished, so hopefully ill have 3 years no claims and 20years of age, and i have fallen in love with a 59plate focus st in a midnight blue colour, its only £4900 and full service history, new alloys and tyres, and with 54,000miles one owner on the clock, is that a good deal? And how much do you guys pay for your insurance?? considering my next year with a 1.25 fez is £850 insurance

What do you think id be looking at? And are they cheap reliable to run? Mpg figures? Full tank cost?

I will have a work car to so this would be a weekend and project car to do what i like to, parts easy to come by? And lastly your opinions a good idea or just a dream?

Mate, I would be asking why is it so cheap? I've never seen a Mk2.5 ST anywhere near that price. I hope it is a good one but I dread to think what your insurance will be.

How much would you say a good one would be? It look mint outside i had a look round and nothing wrong with it new tyres like i said as they still have the sticker and red and blue around them, looks like interior is good condition and is listed as fully working in the forecourt, there doesn't look anything wrong with it but i dont know what would be wrong with it, it looks good ill grap a photo on my way to work tomorrow as i drive by it everyday, but insurance wise do u think id be uninsurable?

being under 25 with only 3 years ncb youll easily be looking at £3000-£3500 a year on insurance simply put youre aiming too high most 25 year olds cant insure an st and no offence but coming from a fiesta to an st is like a moped to a superbike mpg urban about 24mpg max mpg 30 fule costs ridiculous compared to what youre driving i honestly say you need motre experience driving other cars youll be surprised how many st owners wrap it round a tree its a different beast from most cars

That what i thought far to much for me esp wanting a house to :/ and i see what you mean it would be a lot more power, i was also looking at a Mondeo for a company car or maybe the 2lt new focus but i really want to have an st i love it ahaa :( but like you say id also like to keep it from hitting anything and ive only ever driven a transit and a 4x4 a couple of times so my car driving experience aint a great deal tbh. The old focus rs mk1's still look mint nowadays so im kinda hoping to wait to 22 23 ish and try an st again and hopping they will still be in the same condition

There are cheap ST's out there, I have seen and been tempted myself. 6K seems to be the cheapest I have found that do not look like a wreck or a potential money pit, they hold their value. I saw an ST-2 on 104k FSH sell for 7k at auction on a 55 plate last week, if you must have an ST, save up and get a beauty like the one for sale on the forums at the moment. That's the sort of example you want.

I have seen that one, its pricey but for the money its amazing, wish i could afford one i think id get a good price for my fiesta and have money left over after buying the st but like insurance wise ive been quoted £4000 and only one insurance group would insure me so its a no for now :( i can dream

There was a MK4 mondy zetec ex police with a 2.5T on a 10 plate that was up for 3500 on 87k recently. Insurance was 1/2 of the price for a focus ST. Same power, but no toys!

Where was that?? Ex police car would be cool haha but mileage is a bit high aint it?

A 10 plate with an ST engine for 3500 I wouldn't have cared if it had no seats!

Haha i know what u mean, where was this listed? Just out of curiosity?

Oooo no you carnt unless you have the item number or link im sure :/ still a couple of years to wait :/ should have checked insurance first before asking haha

Oooo no you carnt unless you have the item number or link im sure :/ still a couple of years to wait :/ should have checked insurance first before asking haha

You can search completed listings if you login to eBay.

Have you tried getting an insurance quote? It may well confirm that it will be too high but at least you'll know for sure.

yh i done some comparison quotes last night on the general sites, and only got one company that ive never heard off to insure me, but it would be £4000 and im not willing or have the funds to pay that for insurance, so its gunna have to be a waiting game now :/ i might have a look to see what a 1.6 focus is for insuance and the 2lt mondeo titanium x and it might again prove too high for me :/

yh i done some comparison quotes last night on the general sites, and only got one company that ive never heard off to insure me, but it would be £4000 and im not willing or have the funds to pay that for insurance, so its gunna have to be a waiting game now :/ i might have a look to see what a 1.6 focus is for insuance and the 2lt mondeo titanium x and it might again prove too high for me :/

got a quote for a 2.2 tit x mondeo for £1300 id be happy to pay that and also the focus 1.8 petrol zetec s is £1100 wow im surpised hehe taking these numbers home and seeing what i might upgrade too hehe

Try Greenlight, Sky Insurance and Adrian Flux, i used all three during my ownership of an ST3 and i wasnt much older than you when i got it, plus i had remapped it to 285 Bhp with a dreamscience and they covered me for a little over £1300

That ST is waaaay too cheap. You'd be lucky to get a high mileage 55 plate pre facelift for that in reasonable condition. That's either a dodgy ad, a write off or stolen and recovered etc or just plain broken.

For a 59 plate with that sort of mileage you would be looking between £10,500 -£12,000 depending on trim level/condition and if it's from a dealer of private etc.

When I priced mine up, it's one of the cheapest facelift ST3's within about 100 miles of my house with less than 60,000 miles. Plus it's the best one of course! :P

its at a car dealership local to my town, they dont have a website but ill grap a piccy on my way home tonight, its defo the right price and the condtion is great, the millage is correct accoring to their salerep who spotted me learing at it and open it up for me, inside looks in very good shape too.

i havnt done the reg checker thing, just because i carnt afford the insurance if not id have now that plus got an AA tec to go round it and give it the full check before commiting to anything,

altho im not 100% if the plate is correct or not as its a 59 plate but doesnt look like your james, it looks like pre facelift it could be private reg and i got confused but defo a xx59 xxx as thats what drawn me in plus the price hehe

as for insurance i wont touch an st for a couple of years as its not even ecomonicly vesable ( spelt wrong i bet ) haha, but a mondeo or focus insurance is well in the ball park :)

If it's a pre facelift that's a bit more like it but to be honest that's still incredibly cheap. Cheapest good condition ones start around £6k normally so still sounds a little too good but you never know I guess! I'd certainly be checking to see if it's a cat C or cat D. That would probably be a sensible price for a insurance repaired pre facelift.

Also on, a private reg you can't put a newer reg than the age of the car on so it must be on a pre 2001 style plate ie. S559 ABC

If it says 59 on the plate then it has to be correct.

A private plate can't be used if it makes the car appear newer than it is.

If it says 59 on the plate then it has to be correct.

A private plate can't be used if it makes the car appear newer than it is.

Could be an old style plate though couldn't it? Like the example I gave above?

could it have been a dealer plate? if they have just been out for a test drive and left them on by mistake? but it defo says 59 on the last 2 digits on the first section of the plate, will take some pics for you all tonight, and will ask the dealer if i see what why its cheap

i leave at 4 so wont be long chaps

Right, got a pic of the car, and the story to with, asked the dealer, they bought it for 6500 from a young lad, it had 59plates on it, when they then went through the v5 and documents they discovered it was on stolen plates and had a bad history, 2 previous drug searches in the car, failed mots and impounded for no insurance. So wasnt a great start, they found the correct plates from ford, and then ford told them it was a cat d repair which happened when the car was 4months old, they wanted a very quick sell to get it back out and recover any money they spent, the dealer then said they havnt been able to find or contact the previous owner, so they toke there losses and sold it yesterday for a loss, he said it was the worst mistake hes every bought for the company, when they bought it the lad wanted a quick sell cash and go the dealer offered him 6500 hopping to sell it for 9+ making a quick profit but not the case. The car was perfectly fine but will no doubt cause a lot of problems for the new owners who pick the car up tomorrow.

Thats the story i got after spending 40mins with the dealer and then he tried selling me a corsa lol

Original plates are a 57 here's the pic

post-43519-139179427094_thumb.jpg