Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Thieves Targeting My Road....

johnnymac16

Im getting seriously worried now, a few months back, some people tried stealing my car an pushed it of the drive, and 3 weeks ago, we had my dads ka an neighbours zafira broken into... an now last night it got tens times worse, my neighbour had their aude a3 and tt stolen, and another neighbour got a polo stolen all in one night while people sleep...

what can i do to protect my car? ive been looking at cctv system and going to maplin tomorrow to see what they have... but what else!!

Im getting seriously worried now, a few months back, some people tried stealing my car an pushed it of the drive, and 3 weeks ago, we had my dads ka an neighbours zafira broken into... an now last night it got tens times worse, my neighbour had their aude a3 and tt stolen, and another neighbour got a polo stolen all in one night while people sleep...

what can i do to protect my car? ive been looking at cctv system and going to maplin tomorrow to see what they have... but what else!!

If you've got a garage keep it in there, Get loads of locks for the garage and one of those bars that go at the top to stop people fiddling the lock

Keep an eye and an ear out all the time as well, personally I recommend keeping a good strong sharp knife and a lead pipe by the door for use in the event of you catching them red handed

how are they managing to steal these cars so easily?? i would be putting the keys in my bedroom somewhere at night, dont leave them where they can be spotted. If your car has an alarm i would be activating that, atleast you might have a chance of knowing if they are at your car.

Unless you have a garage to keep the car in then your choices are limited really.

What have the police said? if that much is going on then surely some undercover survelliance needs to be set up. Is there a garage block local that you can rent? we are lucky as right by our house there is about 40 garages, we have double locks and one of those garage protector bars fitted.

Keep an eye and an ear out all the time as well, personally I recommend keeping a good strong sharp knife and a lead pipe by the door for use in the event of you catching them red handed

Not to be recommended,as you will get done for carrying/using an offensive weapon and they will get off and be given a bag of sweeties,and 2 weeks holiday in Florida for being poor naughty boys who dont know any different.

why dont you get a 500watt P.I.R opperated flood light fixed to the front on your house about 12 feet above the ground so it will light up the whole drive as soon as sombody steps on the driveway as well as Jonny87's bollards and a denver boot (wheel clamp) for the front wheel,just might help,as if they cant nick your car in less than 2 minutes they will go and it will take a damn site longer that 2 minutes to get that lot of,especially whilst they are in the spotlight

Kristal

I had to get a camera installed. I asked my nice neighbors to keep the noise down (Big mistake) I had wing mirrors knocked off, lumps of concrete thrown at the car, spud up the exhaust, tyres let down, they even tried to smash the front windscreen. since the camera was installed, nothing!!!! bar a few v signs. Does the job.

Try E-bay for a night time camera, worth taking you time and looking for a good one.

I had to get a camera installed. I asked my nice neighbors to keep the noise down (Big mistake) I had wing mirrors knocked off, lumps of concrete thrown at the car, spud up the exhaust, tyres let down, they even tried to smash the front windscreen. since the camera was installed, nothing!!!! bar a few v signs. Does the job.

Try E-bay for a night time camera, worth taking you time and looking for a good one.

Some nice neighbours you got there.

Retaliate by sticking a 50 foot flagpole in your garden with a flag with an arrow on it pointing at their house saying rude words.

Worked for me. lol.

Buy a wheel clamp and clamp it at night in your driveway?

Further to my previous post, if you don't have a garage, then allow me to introduce you to bollards....

Check this: http://www.atgaccess.com/Bollards/Manual-a...ds/101-500.aspx

This looks like the job!

Invest in a good CCTV system would be great to catch the people who (if the worst comes to the worse, steal your car) but i doubt it would stop them stealing a car, unless its well signposted :)

Flood light is a simple but great idea as it would scare the crap out of me if i walked up to your car and a HUGE light came on! Just make sure that its angled so that passing cars dont set it off :) a guy up the road as one that goes off when i drive past, not good at 3 in the morning!!!

Other than that i would demand that the police sit outside for a week or so to keep a look out!

lol! not too sure about having the police staking out the joint ;)

Had a bit of this going on down our way. They have also been stealing lawn mowers and tools etc.

Apparently everything they are after has been stolen to order.

lol! not too sure about having the police staking out the joint ;)

Can see where your coming from but dont think it would hurt for a bit if they keep coming back for more!

Apparently everything they are after has been stolen to order.

What is this world coming to!?!

I know, its a sad state really.

Most stuff is going up to bristol and shipped out to whoever wanted it

Along with my car cleaning stuff too i bet!

Yeah nice neighbours, some of the best, lol its just i think some has noticed we have some nice cars, an with credit crunch they are lookin at cars stolen for order if u get me... the audis are pretty brand new, not sure how they stole them... but its scary.. as im sure mine will be next...

well today i have been in contact with a tech company who are doing me a deal on a 2cctv cameras to put over the drives, an outside our house to see who comes down it, an going to plug it into my 32 inch tv so get a good pic hehe

going to pick it up on wednesday next week on way bk froom essex.

Just make sure you have it recording. i know a few people who have it to watch but dont record. Waste of time then

sleep in your car with a baseball bat and if the !Removed! try your car give them a good wack so they dont steel another car again.

Put your pet python in the back.

Or a baby croc :)

Or a baby croc :)

I'll leave the OH in it then--if that doesn't put them off nothing will! :lol:

I'll leave the OH in it then--if that doesn't put them off nothing will! :lol:

You better hope she doesnt see that! Of she will put you in there lol

You better hope she doesnt see that! Of she will put you in there lol

Just do what I do-----don't tell her! :lol:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club