Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shes going back

MichellefromEssex

Well after a couple of weeks of me thinking its me and that maybe I aint putting the car into the right gear for pulling away, ive realised that no its not and I am losing acceleration on occasions, this came to light after the bloke who has his upgrade the day before me, contacted me on you tube (both had commented on the mountune upgrade previously) to say that he too has been experiencing power loss on pulling away too. Mountune have agreed to take a look and check her over so need to sort out a time and date for a check up as she is already going in next week to Fords about the indicators.

Well after a couple of weeks of me thinking its me and that maybe I aint putting the car into the right gear for pulling away, ive realised that no its not and I am losing acceleration on occasions, this came to light after the bloke who has his upgrade the day before me, contacted me on you tube (both had commented on the mountune upgrade previously) to say that he too has been experiencing power loss on pulling away too. Mountune have agreed to take a look and check her over so need to sort out a time and date for a check up as she is already going in next week to Fords about the indicators.

You could suggest to mountune that maybe the problem would be solved if they put a supercharger on it, :ph34r: for free, and chucked in a go faster key-fob pro bono....

hi its not happening in second gear when you give it some beans and it feels like youve put it in fourth is it? mines standard and its done this a few times,sorry by the way i am new to the site :P

that is not good news but glad they are going to take a look at it for you. :) you will have to keep us updated please as i'm wanting the performance upgrade to. :)

Vindicated eh Michelle? ;)

I hope they will give you a car whilst they play with Maureen--after all it's not your fault and you have invested a lot of money haven't you?

I wonder whether it's a fitting error or an design error...........strange how it's on both of the cars that they've done so far.

I've not ruled out the conversion--just on hold at the moment--but I'm still interested in knowing.

If I were to have it done I'd be going to Archers at Ashby as they are the nearest Mountune agent to me, hence why I am interested in the root of the problem.

Vindicated eh Michelle? ;)

I hope they will give you a car whilst they play with Maureen--after all it's not your fault and you have invested a lot of money haven't you?

I wonder whether it's a fitting error or an design error...........strange how it's on both of the cars that they've done so far.

I've not ruled out the conversion--just on hold at the moment--but I'm still interested in knowing.

If I were to have it done I'd be going to Archers at Ashby as they are the nearest Mountune agent to me, hence why I am interested in the root of the problem.

their demonstrator has a fault aswell not sure if its the same thing but theve got it on a titanium

hmmm, fuel pump related maybe :huh:

their demonstrator has a fault aswell not sure if its the same thing but theve got it on a titanium

It's looking more likely to be a root problem then..................

It might take a bit longer to sort out then. :(

Just trying to work out a day to get her booked in, sent email asking them how long they will need her in for so I can make arrangements as I am fully booked up next week (busy life i lead lol), it only happens in 1st gear on pulling away, couple of times I have thought I was in 3rd gear as when playing around with the gear shift I noticed how close 1st and 3rd actually are on this car, then because my previous 2 cars were auto I was starting to doubt myself and my gear changing, which is ridiculous as ive been driving cars a long time, then when this bloke replied that it had happened to him on pulling away too, it confirmed that there must be some problem.

It actually feels like its going to backfire lol, it sorts of kangaroo jumps and my foot is to the floor, literally for a few seconds, until I put it in netural and back into 1st and rev it. Max said he has experienced it a couple of times but like me assumed it was in the wrong gear.

So what problem have you heard about the demonstrator car trickx? and where did you find out about that?

Just trying to work out a day to get her booked in, sent email asking them how long they will need her in for so I can make arrangements as I am fully booked up next week (busy life i lead lol), it only happens in 1st gear on pulling away, couple of times I have thought I was in 3rd gear as when playing around with the gear shift I noticed how close 1st and 3rd actually are on this car, then because my previous 2 cars were auto I was starting to doubt myself and my gear changing, which is ridiculous as ive been driving cars a long time, then when this bloke replied that it had happened to him on pulling away too, it confirmed that there must be some problem.

It actually feels like its going to backfire lol, it sorts of kangaroo jumps and my foot is to the floor, literally for a few seconds, until I put it in netural and back into 1st and rev it. Max said he has experienced it a couple of times but like me assumed it was in the wrong gear.

So what problem have you heard about the demonstrator car trickx? and where did you find out about that?

hi michelle not sure what the fault was but i went to test drive it at archers of ashby and the sales person said that its not running right,its that cowpat green titanium with cheqs all over it which is splashed over their website,hope you get yours sorted chuck :)

Thanks for that hun, well she is going in on Thursday for a check over, suppose they will hook it up to a computer or something? whilst I am there, I will be checking out their samples for Mountune scuff plates!!!

How rude

does that mean by any chance that you have that colour? :blink:

Squeeze? I think that's a lovely colour!

:( erm sorry about that if i upset anyone with the cowpat remark i couldnt remember the name of the colour and it was the first thing that came into my warped mind,its a lovely colour and hope i didnt offend anyone with the squeeze colour choice :unsure:

I'm sure you havent offended anyone xxtrickzxx and welcome to the forum :)

I'm sure you havent offended anyone xxtrickzxx and welcome to the forum :)

i hope not and thanks for the welcome :D

i hope not and thanks for the welcome :D

just messing - I don't care if you hate it :lol: Squeeze (without Archors's of Ashby's attempt at styling) is decent colour in my book - which is just as well cos that's what I have :P

P1000330_small_TGH.JPG

http://greenhornet.zampa.co.uk/

Welcome to ya

Been back to Mountune today, she is ok, got hooked up to the computer, test drove etc nothing major has come to light, have a little bit of homework to do for the next week when first starting her up etc, was treated really well at Mountune, they look after you there, very nice peeps (just in case they are reading this hee hee in fact I know they will be reading this!!!!). Feel better knowing that the professionals have driven her now since the upgrade. Spoke too about scuff plates, gave my opinions on what I would like on my car - amongst a few other things, including the side skirts (Max just wont listen to me arghhh).

Drive home seemed quieter on ticking over, exhaust on excellaration still had that lovely meaty roar, but sitting with window closed in traffic, could hardly hear the car, which I am 99.9% positive I could hear before, unless my hearing is going with age.

Been back to Mountune today, she is ok, got hooked up to the computer, test drove etc nothing major has come to light, have a little bit of homework to do for the next week when first starting her up etc, was treated really well at Mountune, they look after you there, very nice peeps (just in case they are reading this hee hee in fact I know they will be reading this!!!!). Feel better knowing that the professionals have driven her now since the upgrade. Spoke too about scuff plates, gave my opinions on what I would like on my car - amongst a few other things, including the side skirts (Max just wont listen to me arghhh).

Drive home seemed quieter on ticking over, exhaust on excellaration still had that lovely meaty roar, but sitting with window closed in traffic, could hardly hear the car, which I am 99.9% positive I could hear before, unless my hearing is going with age.

Can you ask them when the 7000 bhp supercharger is coming lol :lol::ph34r:

So, Michelle, what exactly was wrong with her then?

Was it an error at Mountune not spotted at final inspection?

Or is it a root problem for which there will be recalls?

Or just a quirk?

Just curious as I'm still contemplating having it done but now wondering whether to go direct to Mountune themselves.

Are they still offering the special price conversion at their premises or was that just a one off?

Still, it's always good to hear about good customer service although you do have an advantage or two.........you're female and just round the corner!!!! :lol:

lol John, nothing showed up on the tests today, think if there is anything wrong it is only something very minor, it dont happen everyday it hasnt happened in over a week, so surely something bigger would be happening all the time, when you think of how much the car gets driven and how its only been a handful of times we have felt something was not right. I would still recommend the upgrade - if you drove my car you would understand why and I would recommend going to Mountune direct, give David Moore a call he will tell you if there is still some places available, im sure he said they had done 14 coversions so far and that they did allocated 20 places - has Janet agreed then? or are you offering her something in return lol.

lol John, nothing showed up on the tests today, think if there is anything wrong it is only something very minor, it dont happen everyday it hasnt happened in over a week, so surely something bigger would be happening all the time, when you think of how much the car gets driven and how its only been a handful of times we have felt something was not right. I would still recommend the upgrade - if you drove my car you would understand why and I would recommend going to Mountune direct, give David Moore a call he will tell you if there is still some places available, im sure he said they had done 14 coversions so far and that they did allocated 20 places - has Janet agreed then? or are you offering her something in return lol.

That's good cos I've got to take Janet away for the weekend now---only problem is.........I'll have to bring her back!!! :lol:

I tried offering her what that American lady offered her husband on his 40th birthday but she said that she'd rather have a weekend away!!! ;) ;)

Even though you say the exhaust is quite loud, I think that's part of the character of the car.......I wish mine was a bit more rorty.

Still I suppose it would be afterwards......... ;)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club