Do Not Sell My Personal Information

K&m Air Filters

Ryza

Does anyone own a K&M Air Filter here? If so, what effect did it have on your car? Whether it's performance, acceleration, noise?

I purchased one and I've noticed a slight difference but despite that the fuel consumption is considerably less than what it was.

The slight difference is probably you increasing the pressure on the go pedal, as they don't really add enough to make a difference on their own, hence the more fuel used.

I've got one and don't see any difference atall, also the whole horsepower gains is bullshit. It also give me an error on the dash sometimes. I like how it lasts forever though, just needs cleaned

I've got one and don't see any difference atall, also the whole horsepower gains is bullshit. It also give me an error on the dash sometimes. I like how it lasts forever though, just needs cleaned

It lasting forever is the only advantage - there is no performance advantage whatsoever, and no other changes that I've ever been able to identify. It lasting forever also isn't really an advantage -you have to clean it. And the cleaning stuff costs money. Plus you have to factor in the faffing about doing it, and not being able to use your car while the filter is drying. Factor in the initial cost of the filter and it's a close call whether you're just better off sticking to old-fashioned air filters.

Agreed, on many cars there is no performance improvement with a K&N filter, the filter can cost £30+ when a stock, pattern filter is £5, a lot of people just stick their K&N filter on and forget to clean it,

If its an open, underbonnet cone filter it can loose power/ efficiency if the filter draws hot/warm air, this could have a negative effect on fuel economy

A K&N filter does not filter well when new, and lets through small dust particles, as the filter gets older and has a layer of dust on it, it filters out more dust

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club