Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Automatic Transmission

dubblins

can anyone help me I have fault code P0741 showing, I am not sure if it is a faulty Torque Convertor or a sensor fault as the car appears to be driving fine

quick google of the error indicates that the following could be causes:

- Low transmission fluid level
- Dirty transmission fluid
- Faulty torque converter clutch solenoid valve
- Torque converter clutch solenoid valve harness or connectors
- Torque converter clutch solenoid valve circuit is open or shorted
- Transmission internal mechanical problem

When was the gearbox last serviced?
  • Like 1

Thank you for answering. I am not sure when it was last serviced as I have only just bought the car. I cleared the code and then I tried sitting in the car with it running in drive for 5 minutes before starting off. The code did not appear for a good 15 minutes and this was only after giving it a 'good boot'. After switching the engine off and on again the transmission fault disappeared and the car regained it's full power again. It certainly improved a great deal as it used to only take a few hundred yards before happening. It makes me think whether it may be short of fluid, but I am not sure how to top them up or how to check.

Thank you for answering. I am not sure when it was last serviced as I have only just bought the car. I cleared the code and then I tried sitting in the car with it running in drive for 5 minutes before starting off. The code did not appear for a good 15 minutes and this was only after giving it a 'good boot'. After switching the engine off and on again the transmission fault disappeared and the car regained it's full power again. It certainly improved a great deal as it used to only take a few hundred yards before happening. It makes me think whether it may be short of fluid, but I am not sure how to top them up or how to check.

to be honest, its a dealer job. I am currently looking around for someone to change my fluid and filter. I found a guide on here how to do it, but to be honest I would rather pay a few quid and get it done than hash it up and make the car unusable!

Cvt was only the 1.6 thankfully for others... Next time I need either a 2l or a manual...

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club