Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Titanium 2.0 Tdci Electrical Issue

Jrosa1

Hi

i am new to the forum,

Basically the cigarette lighter fuse blew so i replaced it, then after replacing that the windscreen wipers weren't working so i replaced that fuse, then when i started the car the battery was drained instantly,

i bump started it and managed to get it home but i noticed on the way the electrics were playing up, abs light coming on and off and steering assist was playing up, now when i start the car nothing happends it just makes a clicking,

might i add the past few days its been making a slight wining noise in first and second gear, could it be an alternator issue?

Please help

from Jose

It could be without it starting you cant really test it sounds like its overcharging and blowing fuses and knackered the battery have you checked the voltage at the battery without basic info its hatd to point at anything and say yes so dont replace anything till you get it checked

cheers i am going to try and test it with a fully charged battery, if that battery goes flat will that indicate that its the alternator?

I put the charged battery in and it started straight away, the battery light didn't come on so i suppose i will only know if its the alternator is flat, is this correct?

If the battery is flat after your next journey, then it may be the alternator that's not charging the battery when it needs it.

Best way to test these to eliminate faults. U will need to volt test the battery with a volt meter. Once with the car off then with car running.

Car Off should be around 11 volts.

Car running should be around 14 volts.

Your welcome. If the result is a low reading while the car is running then it would lean more towards the alternator. Message back so we know the result.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club