Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto Transmission Query

The Bear

Hello. Again lol sorry for all the threads and posts but I promise this is the last of the 'help' queries :)

Firstly, and I'm thinking this will be the easy bit, I am doing a service on the Con-Fusion and I want to change the ATF. Very grateful to Ford for putting a drain plug on the sump. Anyway the Haynes manual does not include any servicing guides for the autobox. Is it a case of draining the fluid with the engine cold and filling it up via the dipstick tube? Or does it need to be hot?

Secondly (and this will be the hard one)..... I'm stood at the lights and if I was to take my foot off of all the pedals and just let the car ''creep'' forward the car judders. The second I apply any throttle the juddering goes and the car drives sweetly. The gearbox fluid is full and in normal driving there's absolutely no slipping, juddering or anything and the box shifts almost unnoticeably. Just this ''creep judder''. Car only has 45k miles on and is a 2006 plate. What areas COULD it be. I'm thinking bent drive shaft or bad transmission. Anything else?

Cheers

I would also like to know how to change the ATF as I'm going the do the mod on the gearbox actuators

If you have  a 1.4 Fusion you have to suck the oil out from the fill or reverse switch hole as there is no drain plug. This is a manual IB5 box not an auto box as fitted to the 1.6's.

there is drain bung behind plastic where gear cables are a 19 nut an filler above it 8 Allen key

Thanks guys. So a basic drain and refill cold..... excellent! :)

Ps, the stuff I'll be using is Fuchs ATF 4400. If you look at the spec on the Opie Oils site it matches the spec of oil required by Ford for the 1.6 autobox :)

Pps, may do that suggestion of using a paper filter to look for big metal shavings in the tranny. Could clue me in to whether the box is at fault with regards to the juddering.

Ps, does anyone know the capacity of this ''cold drain and refill''? I'm presuming most of the fluid will still be in the torque converter thus only draining what's in the sump?? :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club