Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Hate Car Insurance

jeebowhite

I was bent over and that's when fronting wasn't illegal, we fronted it, otherwise I was looking at 1800 3rd party parked off road doing 4k a year...

I was bent over and that's when fronting wasn't illegal, we fronted it, otherwise I was looking at 1800 3rd party parked off road doing 4k a year...

Sounds like the insurance company totally rammed you.... (pun intended!) :P

I honestly do think there should be some sort of upper tier capping on this, just like universities cannot charge more than £9,000 a year or whatever it is.

It seems just wrong in this day and age that insurance companies are allowed to more or less discriminate and generalize, "You are 17 and male, therefore you will drive like an a** and become a huge liability".... That sort of attitude should go.

Couldn't agree more. Spend less on insurance you have more to spend on fuel, tax man gets more money, then you have more money to spend in shops, tax man get more money ergo better for the economy.

It's not wrong to charge higher risk categories, but it is wrong to charge the amount they do. Force a black box on the new driver, give them cheaper insurance and fine them when they drive like a pratt to make your money back,but dont tar everyone with the same brush. Technically that must be some form of discrimination?

Couldn't agree more. Spend less on insurance you have more to spend on fuel, tax man gets more money, then you have more money to spend in shops, tax man get more money ergo better for the economy.

It's not wrong to charge higher risk categories, but it is wrong to charge the amount they do. Force a black box on the new driver, give them cheaper insurance and fine them when they drive like a pratt to make your money back,but dont tar everyone with the same brush. Technically that must be some form of discrimination?

I think I might have misused discrimination, it's perhaps less discrimination and playing a gender based stereotype, just like for instance how generally speaking, female insurance for under 20's is generally less than their male counterparts.

I mean sure, some cars some guys/girls will want to show off, but why would you want to try to impress people with let's say a 1.2 litre Peugeot 106 you bought for a few hundred quid?

My mate drives a 2000 reg 306 he paid £1500 for, if i'm honest he kind of ruined it a little, he gave it green wing mirrors, a black bonnet sock, spray painted the rims green and lowered it slightly.

He saw some sense after a while and removed the green tinge it had, which now makes it look more sensible, but to be honest, it's still a 1.3 306 no matter which way you cut it.

Whilst we're on the subject of French, never again am I having a french car!

I think i'd rather use the bus, it'd be more reliable...

• Like 1

I think they discriminate full stop. It's illegal all but everywhere else, so why are stereotypes (basically generally acknowledged summarised discrimination) employed and permitted by insurance companies?

As for French, my ax was a good starter car, but it's when cars became electronic that the French fell behind.

I think most insurance companies over charge due to a hole compo chasers!!! My brother pulled out of his estate in car he took blame (even tho the guy was speeding) both guys in the van jumped out start harassing him cus he was young fella driving a bmw, insurance company dealt with it, driver got 16grand & passenger got 12grand claimed whip lash, broken leg & a load of other bull even tho they were both seen walking about not a bother!!! Scum of the earth

• Like 1

I think most insurance companies over charge due to a hole compo chasers!!! My brother pulled out of his estate in car he took blame (even tho the guy was speeding) both guys in the van jumped out start harassing him cus he was young fella driving a bmw, insurance company dealt with it, driver got 16grand & passenger got 12grand claimed whip lash, broken leg & a load of other bull even tho they were both seen walking about not a bother!!! Scum of the earth

I agree, absolute scum.

The problem is that it is very difficult to prove or disprove whiplash, since often there are no long term effects.

As a result of this, I believe some insurers are now turning towards footing the bill for medical care resulting from Whiplash claims, people are not likely to go through treatment if it's a complete bogus claim, now if it's a cash sum they'd be all up for it....

Disproving a broken leg however is somewhat easier....

• Like 1

I know the gardai/police are over run but I think they should have more input! Even a basic assesment of the situation people involved, witness"s & injuries! That way some claims wouldn't be able to go that far.

It's a joke really, I was hit by a foreigner with no tax or insurance & Garda just let him go total joke @ 6months pregnant if I could have stopped crying I'd have knocked him out myself

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just renewed car insurance went up €80 as expected as most companies were, shopped around only came in €20 cheaper so decided to stay put, happy happy ringing up got €30 knocked off & free roadside assistance,home start for the year whoop whoop

Good going Vicki, must admit I'm peeved at the moment, my insurer just tried to renew my price for another 200 quid on top of last year's price, all because they put the last crash as my fault! Even though they told me it wasn't my fault lol, so now. I'm waiting on solicitors letters or emails getting through confirming liability is with the idiot corsa and then they will update my renewal and then add another years ncb on hopefully and hopefully I can get it for a lot less than they are wanting. If I can get under 500 I will be happy....

• Like 1

Only dealt with insurers once when foreigner with no tax & insurance hit me & was there fault so just had to inform them, I actually enjoy the chats on the phone with them, being nice gets ye places, I'm 5+ Ncd that's 75% so can't get anymore, it's lenny holding me back as usual, €530 full comp for us both ain't bad tho

Only dealt with insurers once when foreigner with no tax & insurance hit me & was there fault so just had to inform them, I actually enjoy the chats on the phone with them, being nice gets ye places, I'm 5+ Ncd that's 75% so can't get anymore, it's lenny holding me back as usual, €530 full comp for us both ain't bad tho

If lenny had a !Removed! his insurance would be £50 a year fully comp too lol

Your insurance is a bargain, though I recon that's only do the government can enjoy their wicked way with you over their desk for your car taxes!

• Like 1

If lenny had a !Removed! his insurance would be £50 a year fully comp too lol

oh please lenny has a mangina bigger than Europe!!!!! & they've done away with the discounts for people that have brains upstairs over here!

• Like 1

Your insurance is a bargain, though I recon that's only do the government can enjoy their wicked way with you over their desk for your car taxes!

Tax ain't too bad 1.6litre is 200€ a year my dad had 2litre Toyota was nearly 800€

• Like 1

oh please lenny has a mangina bigger than Europe!!!!! & they've done away with the discounts for people that have brains upstairs over here!

Yeah it's gone throughout Europe they say, do a test on comparison site change male or female there is always a difference.

The mangina explains lenny mood swings!! :lol:

• Like 1

That is bad, I have my 1.8 for 160 quid or so, so about 130 euros at a guess?

• Like 1