Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk1 Number Plate Light Problem

E63M6

The number plate light have stopped working on my car. I traced the problem to a blown fuse, replaced it and all was good for a weak but just noticed it has blown again so i reckon a loose wire maybe. Where should i check for the loose wire. Both bulbs are fine and the wiring looks ok where the bulbs are.

THANKS

check the wiring loom as it enters the tailgate, probably find a few damaged wires

It must be a loose wire i reckon because it was ok for a week then the fuse popped.

i have had a look and all the wires are OK none loose/torn. what else can i look at.

thanks

what i meant was the area of loom just before it enters the tailgate, should have a rubber sleeve where the wires run from roof to tailgate...remove the rubber sleeve and peel back to inspect the wires, probably find a few wires either broken or damaged..caused by the opening/closing of the tailgate, eventually the wires start breaking up

if so, a bit of a pain to repair, but best way to do this is cut ALL the wires, solder approx 12" of new wires between the cuts, and insultate the repairs.. then you can have one end of the soldered repairs in the roof, other ends in the tailgate and nice new wires running between...

just dont forget to fit the rubber sleeve over the loom before soldering both ends...unlike someone i know (cough) who did just that a few days ago on a bmw, before realising his mistake :rolleyes: