Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gearbox

LFC96

I have a 53 plate mondeo sci which was recently stolen then recovered....

The clutch was gone so just paid £700 for new clutch and flywheel but it is crunching in and out of 3rd gear... Any way of fixing this without changing gearbox

Did you get the clutch done at a garage? If you did I would be inclined to take it back and let them have a look?

Agree with James, it could be the gear meshes or the selector also if the clutch was fitted perfectly?

Yer got it done at a garage but they don't do anything to do with gearboxes... Think clutch fitted ok cos it goes perfectly into gears 1,2,4,5,6 it's just third that's a problem.... Have driven it today and can manage going from 2nd to 4th and vice versa.,. Can afford to spend anymore dosh on it so just have to bear with it

Even if they dont do gearboxes, if the issue only occurred since they did the work, you should take it back to them and tell them that much, if they need another garage to look and resolve, it should come out of their pocket.

Exactly, if they did any damage to the body then even if they're not a body shop its still their responsibility to resolve it. They should at least investigate if the cause was their fault or not.

Even if they dont do gearboxes, if the issue only occurred since they did the work, you should take it back to them and tell them that much, if they need another garage to look and resolve, it should come out of their pocket.
Sent from my HUAWEI P2 using Ford OC mobile app