Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Zetec S Ecoboost Project Wrap

domw99

Hi all. Recently bought a 3 month old zetec s ecoboost in hot mustard. Reason for getting it in hot mustard (basically a greeny gold) was that I only paid 10998 with 2.5k miles and current reg (63). Brand new the car was around 16.5 so thought it was a great deal, especially with privacy glass and much nicer 17in alloys.

With the car being around 1k less than my budget and that fact I got a good deal on insurance (£904 19yrs old no NCD) I decided to get it wrapped in gloss/metallic black. I also got the alloys painted anthracite/gun metal colour to try and achieve a mean look.

After shopping around with wraps finding prices from £750-£1200 I went for one that came recommended and with 3yr guarantee which I thought was important as I want it to last 2-3yrs. I paid £950, it started at 1k but paid cash so both parties happy. Also paid £200 for the alloys, painted inside and out (really top job and cheap too). Also stuck on some black DMB badges.

Thought I would share my project and see if others have had good or bad experiences with wraps. All replies and questions welcome :)

post-50354-0-78578200-1392635751_thumb.jpost-50354-0-12249800-1392635760_thumb.jpost-50354-0-43449600-1392635765_thumb.jpost-50354-0-05085200-1392635771_thumb.jpost-50354-0-74851400-1392635775_thumb.j

First of all. You paid £10998 for a 63 plate ecoboost with only 2.5k on the clock? How did you manage to get that so low? Most of taken some real bartering. The wrap looks really good, did they do the inside too, the doors and inside boot? Personally I think it really standards out in the second photo, hot mustard with the gun metal grey alloys! I was looking at having my wheels resprayed but I'm too cautious because around my area it's so easy to curb the 17" alloys, I've already scuffed 2.. :(

Was just advertised on Evans halshaw site at that price mate. I checked almost everyday as I'd been after one for a while for less that 12k. But could never find one for less without 10k miles. Insides were an extra 100 a door so didn't bother

This car looks amazing! I'm soo tempted to get my wheels done near enough the same colour! You also got an amazing deal with that car!

Thanks mate. Was going to go white but fell in love with the black on black after seeing a friends. Pain to keep clean though as I'm finding out in current weather

Yeah good choice with the black wrap. Any other plans for it? My fiesta was also from Evans Halshaw, 13reg cost just under £12k with 2.3k miles with 17" alloys and I thought that was a good deal haha!

Very good deal. I would of gone for that if I could have found the same price but could only find white ones for 12300. How are/did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking, wondered what there finance deals are like on used cars.

No plans apart from painting calipers when the weather perks up. Really want front tints but not sure if it's worth the risk with police and insurance. You got any plans for it?

What mpg are you getting btw?

Was just advertised on Evans halshaw site at that price mate

Would not buy a car from them in a fit. Got my current Mondeo from there and it had all sorts of problems which I didn't spot prior to purchase - heated windscreen driver's side not working, radiator fan not working, serious corrosion on crankshaft pulley, worn idlers, aux belt worn, binding rear brake, plus I found out after purchase it had, at some point, had a towbar fitted - can still see part of it under the rear bumper, and the electrics for it were still wired up to the battery. Also discovered that the previous owner was called "Ronald" so I now think it spent much of it's life dragging a caravan around the country. They must have known about all of this when I was handing over £4,500 for it, but kept it to themselves. The first thing that came to light was the faulty windscreen, which they refused to replace until I demanded my money back (after telling me to chuck a brick through it and claim off the insurance).

After that fiasco, I ended up fixing the rest myself. I'd buy a car from Boycey's Autos before I went to Evans Halshaw again.

Oh, and back on-topic - I really like the original colour. I would have left it.

Paid for the car in cash, they did try to push me into a finance deal but didn't pay attention to any of the deals. Around town I'm getting 40-45ish mpg but with a mix of town/b road/motorway about 52-55mpg. Not too much planned at the mo. In the summer hopefully get a mountune package or a bluefin, alloys done in a similar colour to yours, and Eibach lowering springs.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience BigD. The branch I went to seemed friendly enough but we'll see when/if a warranty issue ever comes up!

i think the second picture looks really nice! would have stuck with that if it was me and saved 950! but either way, the car looks smart, and you got an amazing deal!

• Like 1

i think the second picture looks really nice! would have stuck with that if it was me and saved 950! but either way, the car looks smart, and you got an amazing deal!

I thought exactly the same

Looks sharp mate fair play, good idea.

Is the inside yellow/green tho or is it wrapped inside?

• 4 weeks later...

I was wondering if you did the wrapping! and I just stumbled on this hahahaha.
I have to agree with some of the guys above, the second picture looks awesome. I would have left it like that saved the money and have a car in a colour that almost nobody has :P

But it's your car and the wrap looks good!

Are you planning any other modifications??

Looks a good job mate, but I kinda like the original colour, don't see many about...

Either way it still looks great :)

I wouldn't mind a clear wrap on mine round the front... Already picked up a few stone chips.

I paid just shy of 13000 for mine from Evans Halshaw.. More than I wanted to pay - but the ones I was looking at were at other EH garages and had more mileage.

Mine had 1200 miles on the clock, 17 inch alloys and came with the (actually pretty decent) Sat Nav. So it wasn't a bad deal really.

Have to say, it looks like an awesome job they did on yours with the wrap.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Ime wraps have to be looked after, keep the car mint. One you start washing a filthy wrapped car it just picks away at it and it's done for. Hardly a cheap price though. I bought my eco boost new for 10495 with 17 miles on the clock.

Some deals to be had, rank color though good man for bagging it up.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Ford OC mobile app