Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blower Resistor Location

tlagerman

My fan only works on speed 4. I have read that it is prob. caused by a faulty resistor. I have sent for a replacement........but cant find out where it is situated in the vehicle. Can anyone help please. Thanks

For some reason the Haynes Destruction manual also states you should remove the passenger right-hand trim panel (presumably the one covering the pollen filter).

Really can't see why you'd need to remove this as access is gained, as you quite rightly said, from the drivers' centre trim panel.

Thank you for your prompt replies. When the part arrives I will attempt to fit and let you all know how I got on. Many thanks

If you could take some pics and post up that would be great because the ones in the Haynes manual are, well, not very good :)

I did one of these for afriend a few weeks ago...unfortunately my pictures didn't come out so well

It's quite awkward to get at.

In the drivers footwell, up from the clutch pedal top and in to the centre of the car, it's almost level with it. It will have a large plug on it and should be secured with 2 torx screws. I found using a short extension linkedto a UJ and a long extension meant that I could just nicely reach the screws.

Some of the positions I got into to reach were quite amusing...at one point I was head down in the footwell with my feet out the passenger window!

Sent from my SM-P600 using Ford OC mobile app

• 7 years later...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/X96nAu177yHY5cDNA

I did the blower fix today and as said before it's a right pig to get to. It's white plastic fitting with two t20 screws in it and a square grey connector on top. To see it you have to press the clutch pedal in while your head id in the footwell and your feet in the air! Hopefully you can see the photo I've attached. 

• Like 1

It's a little easier if you just attach the photo to your post. Thank you for the information I'm sure someone will make use of it.

blower resistor.JPG

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club