Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 Fiesta Powershift Problems

Traquare

The warranty apears to appy to vehicles uo to build date july 2013, assume sfter that they have they hsve fixed problem , or vehivles still under existing warranty.

my build dat is november 2013 .

The new clutch is working great much smoother better ratio's overall big improvement.

still not convinced, there are loads of 10+ year old auto fords on the road, doubt if we will see any old powershift models around in 10 years, I still believe the Ford salesman who told me the design is flawed, so no amount of software updates will resolve the issue.

I went to test drive a Kuga Titanium X that was an ex demo last year. It was the power shift model. It kept doing many of the things mentioned above plus it refused to shift out of first gear twice after leaving junctions. Car was 4 months old with 6K miles. The sales bloke was very embarrassed but assured me it would be sorted before delivery.. MMmm Yerr right. I bought a brand new Rav4 instead. shame as the Kuga was a fabulous car . Looking on the internet after revealed lots of issues with the power !Removed! transmission !

• 3 months later...

Interesting that I have it documented here that in January Ford UK authorised a new clutch unit for me and it is still on back-order!

I emailed them again a few weeks back to say that autorising a repair and not coming up with the goods was an empty, worthless gesture. They say they have escalated the problem - but I think it just reflects how many people are now waiting for replacement clutch units.

Lifestyle, Redhill - the dealer - are supposed to be in close contact with me - yet I have heard nothing. I got a call today from Lifestyle HO to say my yearly service is overdue - no one had contacted me about that either. She wondered if I wanted to have the service done at the same time - well yeah!!

As the time goes on I am worrying more, because of course the warranty will come to an end.

I am wondering about trading it in...

I am suffering this issue too

Picked up my car March 2013. This year on the service (3rd March) I asked them to check the juddering gearbox.

Report back that this will need to be looked at under warranty and they suspect it requires a 'clutch pack'.

Phone call a month later to say they cannot locate any available clutch packs to book the car in. Sky Ford in Hemel Hempstead have phoned a couple of times since to say they have not forgotten about me, it is jsut there are no parts available.

I am left with a car I am slowly beginning to hate driving.

Paul, I feel your pain and frustration. At least your dealer has been in touch a couple of times... mine went schtum, which is why I got onto the CEO at Ford UK.

However, I am very excited because my car is getting one of these elusive new clutch units tomorrow!! And, having a service!

I so hope this is the end of the problems.

I'll report back when it's done. :)

Out of interest - how long did you suffer the issue after reporting it to your garage ?

I probably told them about it last, hmm, August perhaps? For some time I thought it was me and the car learning how I drive... pah! You've read about that? ;). But then I had friends in the car and it played up particularly badly and they said, take it back. I then had to go through the software updates etc before new clutch was authorised in January... JANUARY!

Quite ridiculous.

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Wrote to Ford UK

They in turn contacted my local garage and the car is booked in on Monday

The garage said they have all been sent an update for the PowerShift cars that "re-teaches the gearbox the biting point"

I will let you know how I get on.

P

• Like 1

Hi Paul,

Seems like although this is a worldwide known issue Ford still make you go through the process. Reading all sorts of forums, the judder/ rattle has to be at a certain level to be authorised for a switch it - so it seems.

I had the software update - after 2 days of the PC crashing and having to re-book because there had been an update to the update...

Anyway, I did indeed have a new clutch unit a couple of weeks back and so far so good! I've replicated a few of the drives when I know I got the judder and it's been good. I am now actually starting to enjoy driving the car (shhh - don't say it too loud!).

I asked the dealer about extended warranty on the clutch and he told me to contact Ford UK - which I did, to be told that yes, all dealships had been advised that the transmission is under a 5 year warranty. I don't know if that is all powershifts, or just the replacement ones. This is great - except Ford UK were reluctant to put that in writing and said they would "escalate it with the dealer".

Good luck with your issue.

Update:

The software fix that "re-teaches the gearbox the biting point" has not worked.

The dealership is unwilling to return the car as the problem was worse than they realised (and I take it that means dangerous).

On the phone to Ford UK to aks them to authorise a replacement car until mine is repaired.

in the Netherlands they change the gearbox after the software update is unsuccesfull

*grrrrr*

Okay, Ford UK Customer Relations Centre cannot authorise a hire car until Ford Warranty have authorised the repairs

To authorise the repairs they need to open up the gearbox

So, I am left with no car until all this happens

*again grrrrr*

*grrrrr*

Okay, Ford UK Customer Relations Centre cannot authorise a hire car until Ford Warranty have authorised the repairs

To authorise the repairs they need to open up the gearbox

So, I am left with no car until all this happens

*again grrrrr*

oh dear, bet you wonder why i said good luck on my last post. software update rarely works, it will be gearbox removal and oil leak/clutch inspection next

The latest:

15 June:

==========================================

Sky Ford – Hemel Hempstead

The software update was not successful

The car cannot be returned as the
clutch is still not working

Car will need to be booked in for Sky
Ford to open and look at the gearbox

Contact Ford UK

15 June

To UKCRC1

15 Jun

Sky Ford called to say that the
gearbox will need to come out for the repair as the fix today has not worked.

They asked me to contact you to
organise a replacement car and they are mor the. Happy for you to contact
them to discuss further.

Kind regards,

Paul

15 June

Phoned Ford UK Customer Relationship
Centre

45 minutes on the phone to understand that:

• The software fix has not worked as planned
  • They need to open the gearbox
  • They cannot authorise a hire car until this is done

There is no ETA

15 June

to UKCRC1

15 Jun

Hi ***

I ended up phoning the Customer
Relationship Centre to authorise a hire car.

After speaking with a representative
on the phone, he phoned Sky Ford and related the following:

1. The software fix has not worked

2. The Ford Customer Relationship
Centre cannot authorise a car hire until Ford Warranty have authorised
repairs - this requires Sky Ford to open the gearbox.

This has left me completely in the
lurch as I was led to believe this would be a fix performed in a day. I am now without a car completely and I had
not planned for this.

Can I re-emphasise that the car has
been problematic for over 3 months and almost un-drivable for the last month
with the powershift gearbox erratic behaviour.

I would appreciate you chasing this
for me and also getting me back on the road !!

Kind regards,

Paul

17 June

Phoned Ford UK Customer Relationship
Centre

Explained the issue and wanted an ETA
on when the gearbox will be looked at.
She contacted Sky Ford Hemel Hempstead.

They have opened the gearbox – the
parts are now on order.

*** explained that now the parts are
on back-order.

She then explained that it would NOT
be Ford Warranty who would authorise the car hire but Sky Ford would have to
request this.

*** at Sky Ford service Department who
would have to contact the Parts Department who when in-turn have to authorise
the car hire.

I seem to be again passed from person
to person with no one owning the case and keeping me informed.

17 June

Spoke with *** at Sky Ford

She is trying to organise this with
the Parts Department.

They currently have no ETA, but will
try to ensure I have a car by the weekend.
She has passed this to the Foreman.

*** called to say he has emailed
everything off to Ford UK to organsie and is expecting a reply today or
tomorrow.

Paul, I suggest you send a copy of all that to Ford UK CEO, Mark Ovenden movende1@ford.com

I found this approach worked well.

Many thanks zzzzztt

Email sent and I will let you know the outcome.

Just a quick update - a week down the line

Still without a car, even through a Rental has been authorised, I am still waiting for Ford Rental to call.

Endless calls to Ford UK, the Dealership and everyone is passing the buck....

Last Ford car I buy I think !!

Update - finally received the Ford Rental (had to swap the first one due to a cracked windscreen)

Still no update on my car repair. I am awaiting confirmation of the due date for the parts. The last I heard was a clutch pack had been allocated.

Watch this space.

P

Crikey, how long they had it this time?

My Fiesta went in to Sky Ford in Hemel Hempstead on 15 June 2015

Not seen it since !

I had simular with mazda 3 gearbox 2nd gear fault, took it to mazda bristol street , they stripped box down , then decided parts were on back order, nearly 3 weeks before I got my car back, and on way and on way home the fault reapeared. Grrr!

Finally got my repaired car delivered back to me on 01 July

Spoke to Ford UK and had a discussion on compensating me for being without a car for a week and also having an almost undrivable car for over a month - they made it clear they would not entertain any compensation.

Happy I (finally) have a working car again and the clutch pack has fixed the issue, BUT last Ford I buy...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club