Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dpf Removal The Truth

artscot79

theres been lots of debate on this subject so i got in touch with robert goodwill the head of the department for transport who got vosa to contact me and inform me of this

We are aware of the weakness of the visual inspection for the presence of a DPF which in the main is due to the limitations of the current legislation this however will undergo rapid changes very soon.

It should be noted however that the current recommendations are just the starting point to alert both the industry and motorists more widely that having a DPF removed is illegal and penalties are to be imposed for those found to not have one fitted.

We know that those companies intent on carrying on offering dpf removal services will try to "cover their tracks" through various means trying to ensure the removal goes undetected by visual inspection therefore teaters at present are being ordered to do a simple tap test on the dpf where it cannot be accessed the benefit of the doubt will be given however this also will be changing .The department for transport have assured us that they are continuing to examine what legally practical and viable options are available to ensure that dpf removals are halted and those who have had them removed will have to have them refitted make no mistakes as stated it will be the case that if it is not fitted where it should be as standard we shall find out through various means that are due to be implemented in the very near future this warning is for those who have had the dpf removed to have it refitted now before the changes come into force.

over time the MOT tester WILL find out if the car has had a DPF removed

we had a pre-DPF 2.7 TDV6 S-Type and it was driven gently round town and it came up with a reading of over 10.1 on the soot test, and all DPF S-Types are at 0.01. over time the soot will build up and thats when the tester will find out the DPF has been removed.

Out of interest, is this a cut and paste from an email, a letter or a transcribed phone call with VOSA?

• Like 1

my 1.8 tdci is probably the last diesel i will ever own, all this dpf dmf egr malarky makes it cost too much in the long run

its a letter from vosa couldnt scan it so i rewrote it word for word minus the name and thankyou etc from vosa after the head of the department of transport passed it over to them

It seems that VOSA have the same level of aversion to any kind of punctuation as your good self...

• Like 2

yeah and many others on here as well its a forum not a powerpoint presentation i dont punctuate so what half the people on here dont or dont spell correctly or use slang so what given i have 5 minutes at a time to pop on i dont really have time to cross every t and dot every i......... and say what you want but it is vosas letter if you dont like the content thats not my problem but i dont appreciate the suggestion that its a fake , thats how youre remark sounds

• Like 1

No offence but any tom !Removed! or harry can post anything on the Internet at anytime saying whatever they please.

Vosa themselves is not a secret organisation and they do post changes or potential changes well in advance to give people an idea of where they are taking things.

This... letter... is not the way of vosa. They are not trying to catch people out they try to enforce not punish and in realistic terms this is why they share new rules in advance for people to prep for changes.

Props for the comical read through

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

ermmm...wasnt the whole idea of announcing the new rules in february, giving notice to impending stricter testing of dpf's??

can shoot the messengers as much as you like, but your all in denial if you believe this will all get brushed under the carpet...said it before, wont be in the least bit suprised if whatever VOSA comes up with, it will leave a gaping hole big enough for a tanker to drive through, but you can bet your last £1 they will keep updating the test procedure untill dpf deletes become something of a minority rather than majority...much the same as petrol catalytics were a few years back.

please feel free to snipe at any spelling/grammer errors, i've got paint to watch drying off ;) :rolleyes:

ermmm...wasnt the whole idea of announcing the new rules in february, giving notice to impending stricter testing of dpf's??

No, thats not how it works. On their website is a list of all pending rules and date when they are live.

Xenon headlights without auto level and washers is a gopd example its been said for a long time you'll fail an mot etc well this was on vosa website as a potential new rule for over 3 years probably more but this is what I know of, now it is a rule and for sure apart of the mot.

Look I'm not saying it wont go further because it may or may not, doesn't matter to me and I own a diesel

Sent from my automated robot M1X-M4573R-700N3Y

there is no definitive procedure when and how VOSA implement new tests/procedures...its forever being updated

it was actually the government that implemented the new rule, its now VOSA responsibility to set the procedure for that rule...

the biggest difference here, is that the DPF wasnt officially included in the test, despite the fact that tampering has always been illegal, with all the powerful bodies pushing for tampering to be stopped, the government stepped in to bring the DPF into the test.

think the whole affair is a mess, i wouldnt be suprised if there are legal ramifications if the test pulls up DPF deletes, think this reason, more than any other will delay stricter testing...think VOSA will ensure that they and MOT stations dont get pulled into lengthy legal battles.

Also, they will be very wary of leaving the garages that carry out the deletes, wide open for litigation...this in itself can cause major problems for the whole car industry.

where is that going to leave the car owner?

what about all the cars with tampered systems sitting on forecourts/driveways waiting for unsuspecting new owners.

VOSA arent stupid, all this will be a major issue for them but their hand is being forced..

here is another question....lets just say the delete firms are forced to refit the system at subsidised cost (highly unlikely, i know but bear with me :) ) i'll put my money on very, very few of them will have the capability to reprogramme the system correctly...initially anyway...so what choice will you have but to go back to dealers and have this done, and at what cost??

more you think about it, the messier it gets...only way they can go forward in my opinion, is the car owner is forced to take full accountability for problem.....and that stinks

it is from vosa why are you people so desperate to believe otherwise i sent an email to robert goodwill roads minister who is the head for the department of transport and explained the argument happening on many forums and the lack of information on the subject he in turn sent my letter to vosa with a letter of his own and vosa got in touch with me, you can do it also if you wish its by no means difficult.heres his email i used E-mail: robert.goodwill.mp@parliament.uk

this letter is not vosa.... give me a break they are not a secret organisation if you ask they will supply tell you what guys phone vosa its that simple you lot were all arguing over it so i went ahead and got info from the department of transport who are going to change legislation via the government and vosa who will be implementing it as they say the latest announcement is youre warning theyre intention is to have all removed dpfs replaced ALL.

This letter is direct from vosa who clearly state in there letter what they plan to do and what theyre aims are so really theres no argument that oh the mot tester wont catch you maybe not this year but it is coming it doesnt take a genius to see that the companies offering these services are on the hit list for legislation changes ask any dpf removal company to write a gaurantee that you arent breaking the law and if caught they will replace the dpf free...........they wont plain and simple this info should be a sticky since members have advised people to go ahead with remvals saying they wont get caught

I knew it would be the tap test. But guys I can see both sides of the argument. I think to answer points of liability, the seller will be culpable in the event dpfs are removed.

Garages selling a used car should get it confirmed and certified as with filter, alternatively private is more difficult but could be enforceable under civil law I would presume..

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

saw a snip in the paper today..

uk is facing £300million pound fine for failing to reduce city air pollution to required levels since 2010.

this is why they will now get tough

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2564366/UK-faces-300million-fine-EU-failing-meet-air-pollution-targets-2010-deadline.html

saw a snip in the paper today..

uk is facing £300million pound fine for failing to reduce city air pollution to required levels since 2010.

this is why they will now get tough

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2564366/UK-faces-300million-fine-EU-failing-meet-air-pollution-targets-2010-deadline.html

A DPF does not have a significant effect on nitrogen oxide emmisions - nitrogen oxide causes global warming and is what the UK is being fined by the EU for

An article with some eye- opening faxts -

http://www.trolleycoalition.org/dpf.html

• Like 1

the dpf kills cancer causing fumes from diesels thats its main DPFs are fitted to meet European emissions regulations designed to
reduce vehicle emissions of particulate matter (soot) associated with
respiratory disease and cancer.

FOCA

lot of truth in that article, but uk is being fined for low level (as in height) pollution in major cities...not global warming (love how the common term for this is now 'climate change'....doubt it will have anything to do with the fact that climate change is predominately a natural cycle in the earths climate, as they cant really tax you for that, but use it in a way that its all mankinds fault, so they can tax you every which way they possibly can)

part of that low level pollution is caused by NOx, hence the forthcoming NOx filters fitted to diesels for sure, possibly petrol too...

the CO2 effect is also true, so give it a few years and they'll probably end up punishing owners with dpf vehicles for causing this rise.....would be hilarious situation if there wasnt an ounce of truth this will ever happen....dont you just love this european union, they really look out for joe public dont they

I drive heavy goods for a living and if I have got something I want clarification of I just give VOSA a ring. The number I use;

0300 123 9000. They don't bite!