Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where is the air filter in a mark 6 1.4 cdti?

smcqis

as above

Do you mean TDCi? I'll assume so for now.

airfilter.jpg

To me that looks like its near the bulkhead with the hand primer to its left side.

undo the screws/bolts off "that big plastic rectangle" and you'll see the filter. But to be honest IMO i wouldn't touch it if i were you!

why would you not touch it?

Not trying to be sarcastic but, if your asking " that big rectangle " do you feel confident to tinker with it!

Not trying to be sarcastic but, if your asking " that big rectangle " do you feel confident to tinker with it!

Well its not like its technical mechanics is it. A chimp could check an air filter. Hes not the first to ask on here where it is on a fiesta. Doesnt really deserve the sarcasm hes received from other "more knowledgeable" members of the club

guys i tried to take mine off the other day and its not a lid thats on top of it . if its the same as a 1.25 mk 6 the whole thing comes off as i was trying to find out if i can take it off to access the rocker cover cos i want to colour code it and put a filter on it.

Ive done it loads on my astra and used to take egr valve out to clean so il be ok, has fiesta got an egr

In reply to sierra yanky's post, you are absolutely right about a chimp being able to do it, my point is if he is not confident enough and knackers something up he could end up paying more than he intended in the first place. That in my opinion would have been obvious! Then again most would get a haynes manual if they're going to do their own repairs rather than steaming into things they don't understand. Sarcasm no, advice yes!

Whats there to understand about an air filter?? Take lid off see how dirty it is or put in new one. its al straight forward every car engine is different. Just confirming where its at.

In reply to sierra yanky's post, you are absolutely right about a chimp being able to do it, my point is if he is not confident enough and knackers something up he could end up paying more than he intended in the first place. That in my opinion would have been obvious! Then again most would get a haynes manual if they're going to do their own repairs rather than steaming into things they don't understand. Sarcasm no, advice yes!
Whats there to understand about an air filter?? Take lid off see how dirty it is or put in new one. its al straight forward every car engine is different. Just confirming where its at.

Exactly my point. What can he damage theres nothing there other than a lid and a filter. There no need to be so patronising with him for simply checking where it is. Worst that can happen is he drops one of the screws. Even experienced mechanics do that from time to time.

Exactly my point. What can he damage theres nothing there other than a lid and a filter. There no need to be so patronising with him for simply checking where it is. Worst that can happen is he drops one of the screws. Even experienced mechanics do that from time to time.

My point is , "if someone has NO idea what "that big plastic" box is, how the h*ll do you expect him to be able to do anything on his car! ( purchase a manual first )

And to quote smquis last post " what is there to understand about an air filter"............ er like where it is situated in the first place in that "big black plastic box" It's your car, you can fiddle with what you like, this is a forum and we are all allowed to have our opinions and mine is if you don't know what your doing, don't fiddle with it. I don't think that was patronising, it was my opinion and advice. ( if it aint broke, don't fix it )

My point is , "if someone has NO idea what "that big plastic" box is, how the h*ll do you expect him to be able to do anything on his car! ( purchase a manual first )

And to quote smquis last post " what is there to understand about an air filter"............ er like where it is situated in the first place in that "big black plastic box" It's your car, you can fiddle with what you like, this is a forum and we are all allowed to have our opinions and mine is if you don't know what your doing, don't fiddle with it. I don't think that was patronising, it was my opinion and advice. ( if it aint broke, don't fix it )

i also knew nothin about my astra when had it but with the help of the forums i was able to take apart and clean the egr an put back together (part of the engine) take the whole interior circuit boards out soldered off SMDs and put on new ones, fit tuning boxes and the easisst thing i ever done was replace my air filter with KN. my advice is no1 can mess up an air filer, screw off screw back on...yeah that will ruin my car... :rolleyes:

i also knew nothin about my astra when had it but with the help of the forums i was able to take apart and clean the egr an put back together (part of the engine) take the whole interior circuit boards out soldered off SMDs and put on new ones, fit tuning boxes and the easisst thing i ever done was replace my air filter with KN. my advice is no1 can mess up an air filer, screw off screw back on...yeah that will ruin my car... :rolleyes:

Good Lord!.Is this still ongoing? ok, tell you what, spank my bum for having an opinion!

NO ONE said you would ruin your car by messing up an air filter. Now hopefully that will put it to rest.

Thank Christ for that!!!! If you need any more help mate feel free to PM me saved getting made look daft by idiots. I'll help you where I can.

Thank Christ for that!!!! If you need any more help mate feel free to PM me saved getting made look daft by idiots. I'll help you where I can.

twit! there are more fools here thrashing new cars, lowering new cars , and basically causing more problems for themselves then have the cheek to blame ford for faulty parts, have fun this guy knows everything, he`s the dogs danglers as they say! laugh.gif

Edited by Stoney871
swear words