Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyres For My Fiesta

m.tooke

Hi guys, I'm looking into getting a full set of new tyres for my 2008 Zetec S fiesta. It currently has some shockingly cheap tyres on it which were on the car when I bought it back November last year. They must be 17".

What's the best tyres to get please?

Thanks in advance.

Hi michelle,

it really depends on what you want due to it always comes down to you pay for what you get. the premium brands are gonna sometimes be a bit pricey but thats due to them being the best of the best. Budget tyres i wouldnt personally recommend to someone who has a new car. also it comes down to other factors such as the premium brands can offer better fuel savings and wet grip compared to budget tyres.

you could also go for mid range tyres which are the best of both worlds as such. i recently got my tyres from www.tyres247.co.uk for my zetec. i found they are quite a bit cheaper then other places i could find. but once again down to you. what size tyre are they?? also check the site out and see if you like the pricing also if you email them they can tell you a bit more cause i didnt no to much bout tyres but they helped me out. well thats all i have to say really about that so i really hope it helps you michelle

• Like 1

Thank you for your advice. I am happy to pay out for premium tyres, but will look into it a bit more. They are 17" wheels.

do you know the full tyre size or even the reg so i can find the tyre size so i can decide which tyres are best for your vehicle

I have some Bridgestone Potenza's on mine, if any places suggest these on the off chance I wouldnt say theyre the best tyre ive experienced! they feel like a halfway house between a soft/hard tyre so they dont feel that grippy. They cost over £100 too so i wouldnt have these at the top of my list personally!

I'm sorry, but you won't get a good answer to the tyre question without a bit more information.

Firstly, you will need to give the full tyre size: the most important part of the information will be something like 195/50/17 (just an example - width/profile/diameter, if you are interested). That tells you whether it is the right physical size and is written on the side of the tyre (you could probably also get the information from etis, but that will be the tyres originally fitted, which may not be the same as the size it has now), but a couple of other pieces of information would also help.

There will also be something like 94W on the tyre wall; the first is the load rating, and is unlikely to cause a problem if the car is still on the size of tyres originally fitted, and the letter is a speed rating. In an ideal world, you'd never fit tyres rated for a lower speed than the max speed of the vehicle, but sometimes, with winter tyres particularly, it does happen (and, if it does, you'll have to be careful with speed, otherwise your insurance might disown you...not a problem in a country with 70 mph limits, maybe?).

Now, slightly more optional, to get the right tyres for you, really it would be helpful to know your priorities; you'd get a different recommendation if you wanted a sport tyre from an eco tyre, and probably a different one again if you wanted a 'middle of the road, compromise; tyre. (Alternatively, if you'd rather, state your priorities in terms of performance parameters grip, wet grip, aquaplaning, fuel economy, noise, life - note, that you won't usually get, even in an expensive tyre, a tyre that is better than all of the others on everything, so it really is a matter of your priorities).

• 3 weeks later...

The correct size for a 2008 mk7 fiesta on 17" alloys will be 205/40/17

I've just had to get 2 fronts, I was going to get Avon as I don't rate the Bridgestones. However the Toyo T1r's were a bit cheaper so went with them. Cost me £75 per wheel fitted. Nice and grippy and decent treat pattern.

The Bridgestones will be more expensive at around £110 fitted.

Hope this helps.

Have a look on camskill.co.uk, probably the best prices. Never skimp on your tyres mate, get the best performance for your budget.

All tyres have mandatory EU ratings now for fuel efficiency, wet grip and noise, so take that into account when purchasing.

I slapped on 4 brand new Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance tyres on my Focus, great improvement over the cheap ones I had before. Great rating and great reviews: http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Goodyear/EfficientGrip-Performance.htm

Check out this site for reviews:

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk

Try Blackcirlces.com or even eBay. My daughter just bought 4 Toyo Proxies for £200. Cost her £24 to get them fitted.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club