Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2.5 Mod Ideas

Niall_tdci

Hey all

Got myself a focus 1.8 tdci zetec, just looking for a few ideas on what you can do with them. Did a bit of research and found out it's not the best engine for tuning, looking at about 146bhp max!

Looking at new alloys, lowering it, fitting drls. Was just wondering whether the zetec s boday work would transfer over? Or is it a pain??

Any other ideas on what people have done would be great!

Cheers!

Niall

• Like 1

The 1.8 engine is very tuneable, I have mine upto 148bhp using a Police spec map.

Have a look at TDI Tuning, they do a box that will go up to 144bhp for about £290.

I have heard nothing but good things about them.

http://www.tdi-tuning.co.uk/

• Like 1

The rear bumper itself wouldn't need swapping, just change the diffuser over or buy one of the Chinese stick over diffusers available on eBay.

• Like 1

Have you just got a tuning box fitted to yours? I was told the best thing would be to get it remapped instead.

Will the front bumper of my car be the same as the zetec s bumper but obviously my car hasn't got the spliter. Can you just buy the splitter and stick to my bumper or do you need a complete bumper.

• Like 1

The bumpers are both different in shape not fitting and it would be a better bet to try and find the proper ones instead of stick on as they have a tendancy to fall of and you would have to get them painted

• Like 1

Seen a few on eBay, they all need a bit of work done to them though! Need to save some money up first though!

Any other suggestions what to do with the car?

• Like 1

Hey all

Got myself a focus 1.8 tdci zetec, just looking for a few ideas on what you can do with them. Did a bit of research and found out it's not the best engine for tuning, looking at about 146bhp max!

Looking at new alloys, lowering it, fitting drls. Was just wondering whether the zetec s boday work would transfer over? Or is it a pain??

Any other ideas on what people have done would be great!

Cheers!

Niall

Hi niall,

If on a desktop click on my profile page for links to my 28 modification guides and see the link on my signature for my build thread,

ZetecS kit fits straight on, ST kit also fits if desired and duplex exhaust is also possible as you will see.

Its all of the little subtle things that make a difference and really make your car stand out mate get inventive like paiting little bits or wrapping them its your car have it how you want it not how everyone else does

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies! Just noticed some signs of rust today! Lad at the body shop where I work confirmed it! :(

Thanks for the replies! Just noticed some signs of rust today! Lad at the body shop where I work confirmed it! :(

No its not !Removed!, that's definitely rust lol

Mine began to rust within 6 months off the production line

Hopefully it's not a big job, going to get them to look at it and price it for me, hopefully a nice price as I work there!

Nightmare! Ohwell that's cars for you! Always costing you money!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club