Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Footwell Lights Mk3 ??

fours600

hello all read some post regarding footwell lightning. so i had a look under my passenger's footwell and dident find a bulb holder.but i found a white three pin plug wraped up in tape the wires attached to the plug are BR\GR BR\WH and BL\WH .so if anyone can give me some info .to get a holder for a bulb were from ect.ect here's a picpost-50574-0-38694700-1392837835_thumb.j

I'm pretty sure you can get these bulb holders on eBay. Will try and find a link for you.

Ford focus mk2.5 1.6 titanium.

Can't do the link on my phone but my mk2.5 focus needed these from eBay. Pre wired t10 w5w 501 bulb holder.

cheers karlos just had a look on eBay at them holder .but i was hoping for the bulb holder what would fit the three pin plug

Oh right ok. Sorry I missed the bit about the. 3 pin connector. Hopefully someone will be along soon with something for you.

Hi Fours600

Is your Mk3 foucs the new shape ?? if so would be intrested in knowing how you go on with this mod ,as i also would like footwell lights in mine ,

Thanks

Right guys had a mooch on the old intaweb found some interesting things. It looks like the wires I found under the footwell belong to the (wait for it ) multi colored ambient lighting. So how did I come to this conclusion ?.fist of all I downloaded a wiring diagram for the ford focus mk3 2011 on here's a pic.. post-50574-0-59378100-1392983399_thumb.j

Well if you look at the diagram the three wires BG/BW/BW I tested the BG and the BW and guess what they were both live ....BW was earth so what about the socket that fits,s the three pin plug I hear you cry. Yes I did have a look on the

intaweb again and found this..look at the bottom of the page at the attached pic,s.

Yes it looks like a lamp cover ..but if you look carefully you will see a socketbuilt in with three pin for attaching the plug .so popped off to my loacal ford dealer and asked regarding the part I needed he told me the part No is 1757822 and it's discribed as a lamp assy-luggage compartment for me to obtain this item it would cost me £26.27p inc vat as to say I left the dealer's without one I thought I would take my changes looking on eBay or at the local scrap yard so that's were i am up to . by the way swifty yes my car is a mk3 here's a pic..

post-50574-0-49542600-1392985590_thumb.j Cheer's dude's

post-50574-0-78902700-1392985902_thumb.j

post-50574-0-59432800-1392986363_thumb.j

Wow. £26 for a piece of plastic. Don't blame you for leaving there empty handed.

For you guys who want to know were them wires lead too ? Well as far as I can tell I think they go too both footwells ,drink's holder, overhead console were they are controlled, left and right front doors, and both dome lights.... go and download link from this site and have a look to see if you can figure it out

when you find a scrap yard you will need to make sure they are from a Titanium and Not a Titanium X , as the TX is colour changing and has another control unit by interia mirror.

We're the wires hiding ? I can't seem to find any lol.

well I've only looked under the passengers footwell .move the seat as far back as it will go lie on you back and put you head under the glovebox and remove the soft pannel.with the two pinch tab holding it. place your hand in middle at the back of the glovebox.just were the soft panel finished you will feel a small rectangle bulb holder just above that there are a bunch of wires wrapped in black tape get a Stanley blade and CAREFULLY cut the tape and the little white plug will be there

Had a look in the passenger footwell of my friend's 2011 Zetec today and found this plug taped up. Looks different to yours though - any ideas?

post-14846-0-63472600-1393091382_thumb.j

post-14846-0-49428000-1393091396_thumb.j

As well s Nathan the plug you have found looks like it's for plugging into a module for satnav or sync something like that.don't think it's for ambience lighting.

Well what have i been up to over the weekend I have been scouting round the local car scrap yards for the lamps .I did manage to find one mk3 yes one to say it was bare was a understatement it was like our kid's wallet nowt in it at all.I had a look under what was the dash .guess what nowt!! .no lamps I think it was same spec as mine.so the search is ongoing...

Aswell as going to the scrap yards I had a look under the driver's side of the footwell after spending ten minutes of straining my neck and softly squeezing wire's. Yes yes I found it the little white plug and it was not were I expected to be it was to the right of the footwell. Next to the driver's door just above the lamp holder.were the bunch of wire's meet wrapped in black tape as in the passengers side but the passengers side was slap bang in the middle of the footwell.

post-50574-0-36721900-1393192704_thumb.j

The drivers side

post-50574-0-15382400-1393192739_thumb.j

The passngers side

Same connectors as supplied with OEM illuminated gear knobs.

You could probably find matching connectors on eBay or just cut the plugs off the wires and solder/crimp self adhesive LED strips to the wires.

Well not only the gear knob the illuminated sills as well you can buy the wiring for £15.00 have a look at this post ...You need to purchase two connection cables - ford part num BM5J-14F009 A.

http://www.talkford.com/topic/223235-illuminated-gear-knob-and-sill-plates/

Well not only the gear knob the illuminated sills as well you can buy the wiring for £15.00 have a look at this post ...You need to purchase two connection cables - ford part num BM5J-14F009 A.

http://www.talkford.com/topic/223235-illuminated-gear-knob-and-sill-plates/

hi everyone just pop up to my loacal ford dealers and orederd the scufff plate wires Part Number: 1741802 (QTY2) for £15.00

will fit them when they arrive will keep you guys posted

Well guys got my loom from ford and did a temporary attachment with the blue lights.got in the car and plugged the loom into the plug under the drivers dash. and Hey Presto it worked and went off with the courtesy lights icon_smile_hihi.gif the loom part number for the loom is BM5J=14F009 x 2 cost £15.00 heres the led strips off eBayhttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3709720119...84.m1497.l2649

and below pic of the lights working so i will get back to you all when i fit them in the car[

attachment=12844:IMG_20140228_161006.jpg]post-50574-0-72796500-1393613814_thumb.jpost-50574-0-52892800-1393613846_thumb.j

post-50574-0-14463100-1393613770_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...

Have you got a better pic of the 3 pin connector as it looks like a 3 pin fan connector you get in pcs. In which case you can buy phobya high intensity led strips that will plug straight in no modding.

Mark

Hi mark had a look at the phobya high intensity led strips will not fit .the female socket are for four wires not three. And the socket is the wrong shape here's a pic of the footwell socket it is L shaped

post-50574-0-81622400-1395144453_thumb.j

post-50574-0-00446900-1395144760_thumb.j

I did try to find a socket the same but only way you will find one is from ford nowhere else

Just had a look at my ones in my pc and the leds come with a 4 pin inline molex and a 3 pin fan connector so you can run it via the motherboard or power supply. As for the l shape by the looks of it you would just need to file off the runners on the female side and job done.

post-52252-139515676351_thumb.jpg

The little runners on the bottom can be filed off and use some electrical tape to secure the 2 together

post-52252-139515684788_thumb.jpg

Just a thought

Mark

Another question. Does ambient lighting come on with the side/head lights?

Mark

Hi mark right the ambiant lights work same as the dome light. come on when they do and turn off when they do..but at night or when it is dark in a garage or tunnel ect. they turn on there must be a light sensors so they are not on all the time during daylight but they are on at night like the dash lights. Hope that explain it for you .

• Like 1

As fours600 has eluded to, the ambient lights do come on with a light sensor, which is located at the base of the windscreen on top of the dash... If you cover it over with something dark they'll light up :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Ford OC mobile app