Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Footwell Lights Mk3 ??

fours600

Ye found a bulb holder on the n/ s but it looks a bit small dont know what bulb will fit. Hotstuff39,

• 6 months later...

Really useful thread, I want to fit some illuminated plates to my new Zetec S.

Dig some digging around and found the driver's side connector on my car.

Can't seem to find anything live though on my multimeter unless I'm doing it wrong.

Any ideas?

Hi Alex from the connector there are three wires bl/wh br/gr br/wh looked at the wiring diagram two wires come off one to earth and one to the battery they are br/gn and br/wh so which is pos which is neg looking the AMBIENT LIGHTS SINGLE-COLOR wiring diagram looks like br/gn is pos and br/wh is neg hope this helps

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.

I tried having one point of my multi-meter grounded (tested this with the 12v lighter socket), and then tried each pin, but got no voltage readings at all.

I can't imagine the loom is wired up, but not connected to anything though.

It is definitely the connector you photo'd, I just can't understand why I can't get an output...

I can see the connectors also, will check for feeds to confirm tommorow if they are wired up, they should be.

• Like 1

I'm just not sure if they need turning on so to speak.

As in the car needs to know to send them power.

I really hope not, then I can get the illuminated plates, I don't really want to go messing around with the car's software, and I don't really know where else to pull a feed from, without taking half the car apart, to splice off the interior light.... :(

Paul didnt need to switch them on so you shouldnt need to, but will check that tommorow in the central car config.

Ok thanks. My knowledge is limited, just studying the Focus wiring diagrams, and I remember jimrex saying he had to get the overhead ambient lighting turned on, which looks like it is on the same circuit.

Problem is, the sill plates aren't exactly cheap, I need to know they are going to work.

Hopefully it is just me being useless with the multimeter, lol.

No power to mine, its wired up to bcmii so may need switching on, will try later.

• Like 1

I've always wondered, if you do manage to turn it on, will it get wiped out with any software updates from Ford?

Or will their system throw its toys out the pram and detect the change?

I wouldnt think so as long as you can switch it on on ford software then it should br any different using foccuss software.

Well, the focus I looked at yesterday had the wires but no power to them.

today had a look at mine, no wires either side, so bit of a lottery if you have them , both are zetecs.

Had a good look through the Focccus software and there is an option under byte 216 of the BCM central config, which is called aesthetic lighting

My as built config from ETIS has this switched off. I have a modified elm327 cable on the way, so hopefully I can get it switched on.

Anything I need to be mindful of playing about with this software? Don't want to screw my car up, lol.

Ive had a play with that software, must ensure battery fully charged before altering anything. Ive switched on hill launch assist, rain sensor, tyre deflation detection, auto locking on speed.

• Like 1

Ah ok, I'll have a go when I have everything. See if I can get a voltage output from the connectors...

Be careful with changing of the configuration of the Focus MK3.5 with the FoCCCus software. Some people already reported that the FoCCCus software is not suitable for the Focus MK3.5.

The FoCCCus software may not able to read/write the configuration of the BCM.

Be careful with changing of the configuration of the Focus MK3.5 with the FoCCCus software. Some people already reported that the FoCCCus software is not suitable for the Focus MK3.5.

The FoCCCus software may not able to read/write the configuration of the BCM.

Have been searching for anyone else using it on MK3.5, but expected with it being a facelift, that it would still be using the same system.

Where did you read people having problems...?

Nuts, all I get is Focccus saying "can't enter security into ECU".

:(

Some MK3.5 drivers on the Dutch Focus club forum also reported this error message. It seems that Ford changed the BCM on the MK3.5. At least Ford improved the protection of the BCM.

At this moment it is not possible to change the configuration of the BCM using the FoCCCus software. At this time the only thin you can do is wait for the Russians to solve this protection issue.

I'm going to have a chat with my local dealer tomorrow.

The Ford IDS they have should be able to turn it on, shouldn't it?

Otherwise if all else fails, I'll have them wire the plates in to the connection for the interior light. Getting them working via the foot well lights would be neater though.

I was about to say after spending a large amount on your car, another £60 spent on switching wiring on via ford dealer is nothing . Lol

I don't want to spend any more money unnecessarily though :D

If I could have done it myself that would have been great, gives me more satisfaction.

Hopefully they won't have their hands tied by ford and not be able to do it, but then fortunately it only requires power and no actual communication so I'll just have them tap in to a switched live somewhere.

Don't like the idea of having half the car pulled apart for wiring though....

Spoke to the garage this morning.

Got the car booked in for it's courtesy check a week Monday, and while it is in, they are going to see if we can turn it on, or at least work out another way of powering them.

They were a little reluctant to power them off the interior light as that is a bulb vs the illuminated plate's LEDs - something to do with power regulation...

Still I'm sure we will find something to connect them to though.