Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.6T Mp200

kristriple

My 182 titx gets between 38-42mpg depending on the weather.

Let me know when you do Lenny. I'll like a look at how they perform!

Are they an import? You don't see much of them kickin about.

• Like 1

Quote button doesn't seem to work on my PC.....

I'll do a bit of digging on the mk4 brakes FOCA. My 2.5T definitely needs an upgrade. The brakes "fade" if im hard on them. Its always possible that someone put a cheap alternative on it at some point in its past.

Handy to know about the EVO. Mine is a 330. As far as im aware, the 360 doesn't come with the SST "flappy paddle" gearbox. I really wanted to try a car out that had it fitted, so I didn't even bother looking at the 360's. As far as im concerned, the 400 is not a car that anyone (other than millionaires!) can afford to drive. I remember one off the older models being tested on top gear. It was officially the worst car on fuel that they had ever used on the track. 4mpg I think... With the price they are to buy, in my opinion, they are a waste of time.

D has settled the argument on the MP200 then! NO WAY it would do 40mpg!

Let me know when you do Lenny. I'll like a look at how they perform!

Are they an import? You don't see much of them kickin about.

Heres some links,

There a Japanese production only

Heres mine with a cat-back 2.5" custom fit magnaflow exhaust

http://s575.photobucket.com/user/lennymanwoods/media/discussions/VID_20140310_161932_zpseu3yvkfz.mp4.html

http://s575.photobucket.com/user/lennymanwoods/media/discussions/VID_20140310_161932_zpsipjjnk54.mp4.html

http://s575.photobucket.com/user/lennymanwoods/media/discussions/VID_20140310_161845_zpsbsaje8ga.mp4.html

Quote button doesn't seem to work on my PC.....

I'll do a bit of digging on the mk4 brakes FOCA. My 2.5T definitely needs an upgrade. The brakes "fade" if im hard on them. Its always possible that someone put a cheap alternative on it at some point in its past.

Handy to know about the EVO. Mine is a 330. As far as im aware, the 360 doesn't come with the SST "flappy paddle" gearbox. I really wanted to try a car out that had it fitted, so I didn't even bother looking at the 360's. As far as im concerned, the 400 is not a car that anyone (other than millionaires!) can afford to drive. I remember one off the older models being tested on top gear. It was officially the worst car on fuel that they had ever used on the track. 4mpg I think... With the price they are to buy, in my opinion, they are a waste of time.

D has settled the argument on the MP200 then! NO WAY it would do 40mpg!

I looked into the brakes thing - it looks like the mk4 front brakes are 300mm for all models, and 28mm thick, the mk3 has 300mm too, but slightly thinner at 24mm, but remember, the mk4 is heavier than a mk3 (and my mk3 is much lighter)

Some mk3 owners upgrade their brakes to ST 225 ones (front discs and calipers) the Focus ST225 discs are 320mm in diameter, and 25mm thick (the diameter is the important bit because it has a larger surface area, contact area on the pads, and a better leverage ) the ST225 calipers are better than the mk3 ones, too

Some owners have reported their brake pedal becomes "spongey" and has a longer travel after doing the conversion, (and insist the system is bled) it could be that is because the st225 calipers have larger slave cylinders/ with a larger volume

With the st225 discs/ calipers 16" wheels may not fit or be a tight fit (spacesaver or full size 16" spare) so a larger spare or a 5th wheel may have to be purchased (not a bad thing but adding to the (considerable) cost/ hassle) but if you want better brakes.....

Alternatively you can get upgraded discs/ pads (drilled/ slotted/ extra vents) ebc/ Brembo etc that would fit straight on

Its disappointing. You would think that ford would consider that anyone buying the "sporty" mondeo's would want to use the performance once in a while. I automatically presumed that mine would have brake's to cope with 220bhp and 155mph and a 2.0 would have brakes to cope with 140bhp and 130mph....Obviously not the case!

Do they base the brakes that a car requires solely on weight?

The ST225 brakes sound like WAY to much hassle! Im sure its a load cheaper to just go with Brembo or EBC pads and discs as you suggested.

I had a Focus Collection (mk1) back in the day. Must have spent 5, maybe 6, grand on "improving" it. Without a shadow of a doubt the best money I spend was on aftermarket brakes and good tyres!

It had EBC pads and discs, but lines and callipers were stock. MASSIVE improvement. I never managed to cook them to the point they were fading anyway.

I remember them being about £300 quid. That was 10 years ago mind. Im sure they are more now. Still bound to be cheaper than even second hand ST225 stuff?

I'd put money on it that your a fast and furious fan..... lol

Tidy motor tho! It's added to my "bang for your buck" list!

Sent from my KFTT using Ford OC mobile app

I'd put money on it that your a fast and furious fan..... lol

Tidy motor tho! It's added to my "bang for your buck" list!

:lol: how much money :huh:

:lol: how much money :huh:

Scottish fiver!? Or that zast!? Lol

On the brakes again!

Did a fast run home tonight. 6 miles, 10 corners. By the time I was home brake pedal was turning hard, seriously reduced braking performance (almost no brakes!) and they were stinking when I got out of the car.

I was being heavy on them, but surely that's not what they come fitted with as standard!?

On the brakes again!

Did a fast run home tonight. 6 miles, 10 corners. By the time I was home brake pedal was turning hard, seriously reduced braking performance (almost no brakes!) and they were stinking when I got out of the car.

I was being heavy on them, but surely that's not what they come fitted with as standard!?

I don't know the condition of your brakes, but its a big, heavy car and realatively little brakes, even if the brakes were like new they are probably not up to very hard repeated use - you've got to remember most drivers drive at 70 max and probably brake hard once, then allow the brakes to recover, - so it depends what sort of speed you are braking from/ how hard and how often, and your driving style - some drivers never have good enough brakes - in my opinion, the 300mm (12") front discs are only just adequate for "regular" use but not for hard use

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club