Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Zetec Windscreen Relay Noise

louise6652

Hi Ive just got a ford focus zetec s 60 plate and there is a clicking noise from under the glove box. I asked Arnold Clark about it and they said it was the relay noise from the windscreen wipers which you can hear because that model doesnt have good soundproofing. Does anyone else with this model hear this noise? Its quite loud and Im not sure I believe Arnold Clark. Thanks.

am i right in assuming the clicking coincides with the timing of the wipers when they're on?

its not unusual to hear the clicking though but i guess its difficult to tell how loud by description!

Certainly can hear mine when my wipers are on intermittent (or single wipe).

Thank you! Yes Lorenzo the noise coincides with the speed of wipers. Im quite happy it is the relay noise I just havent been able to hear it on other cars but this is my first Ford. I love my car so Im sure Ill get used to it :-) Thanks again!

Glad we could be of reassurance!

i guess my question was a bit obvious, but nothing was implied there :) Love how you were apprehensive about Arnold Clark's answer though haha!

Hopefully you dont have that nasty yellow sticker of theirs on your windscreen somewhere. Hope you enjoy your first Ford B)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club