Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Abs Code C1233 On Mondeo Diesel 2.0 Mk3

paul hands

This code c1233 keeps coming up of f super 2 saying speed wheel lf signal mossing, iv replaced the abs sensor on front left wheel and stil comes up any ideas what to do or anyone now what the code is refering to

Thanks

code speaks for itself, not receiving a signal

if new sensor didnt work,

will be either the pick up ring (where the sensor picks up the signal)...off hand not sure what type is fitted on the mondeo..might be on the cv joint, or possibly built into the bearing..

if bearing, then check for play..if the car is new to you, had this problem since you purchased it then also possible wrong type of bearing was fitted.

if its a pick up ring, then check carefully for any splits, teeth damage or corrosion and the gap is correct between sensor and ring..all of which will effect the signal

as for wiring, dont have a diagram for one of these so cant help with voltages etc, but just check for any damage in the loom/connections...will try and dig out further tests if necessary

Cheers will have a look at these over weekend,apparently it's rings,had car bout 6 months spent a small fortune getting it right,some one has taped over the abs light inside car so guessing its bin a problem for a while,how do I find the abs ring?

the tip of the sensor you fitted will virtually be touching it...or should be.

check very carefully for hairline cracks/splits, broken teeth and that its not bent/twisted/corroded etc

Yea I seen this threw the hole as I fitted it,I believe they are a nightmare to replace,iv also got a idle problem sometimes it will randomly idle for say a turn at 500 rpm as I start it then jump to the regular 900 rpm,was thinking this could be my auxilary belt pulleys as not bin changed?

doubt it will be aux belts....but wont harm to change them...would start with a full engine service if not done recently...beyond that, if this blip in the idle is your only symptom, will be tough to pin down...maybe clean out the egr and the like..worth doing without spending too much

which way was the sensor facing...to the back of the brake disc, or in towards the driveshaft

Iv done oil and filter and air filter,it was in to driveshaft mate,iv noticed I don't have any abs at all just hard brakes,

as problem was there before you got it, i wonder if the correct driveshaft is fitted...you might find there is no ring on yours...

sure mk111 had either driveshaft or wheel bearing abs rings...so plausible you have the wrong shaft

think the ring is actually machined into the joint rather than pressed on, so splits/cracks is less likely...worth checking for corrosion and no missing teeth...if the ring is there.

will try and dig out tests for checking the wiring

glow plugs might be an issue if that idle blip is on start up, otherwise may pay to clean out or blank the egr off, see if that improves matters

Cheers mate,thanks for all the help,just at a dead end with it and ploughed a good bit cash in now so want get to bottom of it

Cheers mate will have a crack at this over weekend, ment say it came back up on f super with out even moving car just pumping pedal would you think this is likely a broken wiring section?

could be...

as far as i know, the abs runs a resistance test to turn the light out with car stationary....so in theory, its less likely to be ring related as that will only pick up a fault once car is moving...in other words, clear the code, light goes off and will stay off till wheel starts rotating....having said that, not sure what will happen IF the ring is missing.

but going on what you said, would go with wiring checks initially

if the sensor wiring proves ok, may pay to repeat the test at abs module, that way your testing the loom from sensor to module

module is part of the hydraulic modulator..under the bonnet on the n/s

disconnect the wiring plug..

left front sensor wires are terminals 12 and 28 (can double check this with a resistence test, then disconnect sensor and test again)

expect a reading of approx 1100-1800 ohms at loom to mod plug (with plug disconnected from module)

would also pay to read the signal test here too if ok at sensor

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club