Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Got A Mondeo... Couple Of Small Problems.

Jimothy

Hi guys,

Haven't been on these boards for a long time but last week bought myself a 2002 Mondeo 2.0 tdci. I'm not sure what mk it is, or if it's pre facelift or any of that stuff but it's a nice motor and a pleasure to drive although it does have a couple of faults.

Firstly, the drivers seat will not go up or down. I can hear the motor working but no drive going to the seat?

The other thing is that on occasion it doesn't start first time. Instead there is a kind of wizzing or grinding noise but no engine turnover. On second attempt it is back to normal. I'm thinking starter motor is not engaging for some reason?

Anyway, just thought I'd say hello now I'm a ford owner again. No doubt I'll be around with various questions!

Cheers!

it will be a mk3 prefacelift model.

With regards to the seat . The cog on the motor is plastic and well known to go. There are usually metal replacements available on eBay.

Im no sure about the starter problem, although alot of times when things like this are mentioned on the mondy tdcis, the DMF on its way out is often the first thing people say

• Like 1

it will be a mk3 prefacelift model.

With regards to the seat . The cog on the motor is plastic and well known to go. There are usually metal replacements available on ebay.

Im no sure about the starter problem, although alot of times when things like this are mentioned on the mondy tdcis, the DMF on its way out is often the first thing people say

I agree with all of that. As for the starter motor the only way to find out really is to remove it and check for metal filings.. It could be that these are clogging it.

Having just read about the DMF problem with these cars, it seems I may have bought a lemon. I suspect the dealer probably knew this when he sold it to me so I'm not too happy! Looks like if it is the DMF it will cost more to get it fixed than what the car cost me!

Having just read about the DMF problem with these cars, it seems I may have bought a lemon. I suspect the dealer probably knew this when he sold it to me so I'm not too happy! Looks like if it is the DMF it will cost more to get it fixed than what the car cost me!

There is a chance of the DMF but dont be worrying about it till you know for definate. It could well be just the starter motor playing up.

As stef said, take the starter off and have a look before applying for the mortgage.

I am also new to this Forum so Hello to all!! I have also just bought a Mondeo TDCI 2.0 and seem to be having the same symptoms, although mine is more of a very high pitched scream than a whining, grinding noise. I am going to put a Single Mass Conversion on it and a new starter motor. Luckily Im in the trade and can get the bits a lot cheaper...so I'm grateful for that at least.

My thought to you though Jimothy is if you bought it from a dealer, is there any kind of Warranty with it??

While I'm here though, another thing we have is when accelerating there is a very loud whooshing noise from outside the car which also feels like it's blowing in through the front screen. Is this Turbo related?? There are no warning lights on at all. I'm presuming when I floor it I should feel the Turbo kick in, but as of yet I'm still waiting!!

Any ideas anyone?

Hello there V6. Yeah I was hoping that, rather than the Turbo itself!!

That wooshing sound is air escaping a main pipe,i dont know too much about diesel mondys but that noise is a problem my mate had (tdci 130) i believe.

55 Black V6 ghiax,s/s straight thru,57i cold fed,st spioler,6sp manual,black hekos,red brakes

Yeah, more annoying at the minute but obviously don't want it progressing to something more terminal!! Funny how she drives very smoothly even despite this!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club