Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Zetec S Ecoboost 125 Mpg?!

domw99

Had my Fiesta a nearly two months now after buying it from evans halshaw 3 months old with 2.5k for just 10998 63 plate.

Back to the point of the thread, MPG. I've seen on here claiming to acheive around 50mpg with the brilliant ecoboost engine. I am currently achieve around 40-42mpg mainly around town but got upto 50mpg on a longish motorway run at 70mph. Btw I rarely thrash the engine/make the most out of it so dont go over 2k rpm to save fuel.

Just wondering what other people were getting and if Im doing anything wrong?

All replies welcome, cheers

Bought the new fiesta zetec s ecoboost nearly two months ago for just under 11k with only 2500 miles and was wondering what I should look to be achieving on the MPG compared to others. Currently get between 40-42 around town with a bit of motorway (3 mile run) but got 50mpg on a long motorway run doing just 70mph.

Wondered what others were getting and if im doing anything wrong as I've seen threads saying 50mpg around town?!?!?

All comments welcome

On the whole about the same as u mpg wise in a focus ecoboost!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Mine is purely around town , I do have a long stretch dual carridgeway but its still stop start.

Getting 38.7mpg right now.

Interesting I get 40mpg with my mountune MR140 kit and change gears @ 5000 rpm

Had my Titanium 125 ecoboost for 1100 miles now from new and including one 500 mile motorway trip and two 150 mile motorway and dual carriageway trips, overall average is 45mpg checked brim to brim.

52-58mpg showing on computer for long journeys at 65-75 indicated mph and for the other 300 miles of 3-13 mile local journeys showing 36-42mpg according to how warmed up the engine gets.

Still hoping for improvements with more miles, but that fizzy little turbo engine begs to be revved in the gears which is not good for economy.

I drive with no regard to the environment and average 39ish MPG

post-5052-139328231068_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I'm deep in my Millage on 15k lol and with my stage 2 remap turbo back exhaust and induction I'm getting 34mpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I can only get 38mpg on ave clock but on just normal it's go between 45-50 witch is best to use? new to zetec a eco boost only had it 2 days

I can only get 38mpg on ave clock but on just normal it's go between 45-50 witch is best to use? new to zetec a eco boost only had it 2 days

best to work it out with full to empty tanks. also don't forget to reset the counter everytime you fill up :)

How on earth did you get it that price?? Good bartering skills.

I got 55mpg driving mine back on the motorway. Since having it back and making short journeys it's more 45-48mpg.

I've given up in the past month trying to drive eco, this engine and car is too much fun to drive slowly! :)

• Like 1

I've only had mine a few days and I'm driving like I stole it... this ecoboost engine is brilliant.

I heard you more mpg if you use higher grade fuel like v power has anyone used v power and got more mpg or is not worth the extra money

I drive with no regard to the environment and average 39ish MPG

attachicon.gif1393282299203.jpg

What app is that in the screenshot? Looks very handy.

For mpg calculations on my iPhone I use "Road Trip" well worth the money.

Had my 63 plate Zetec S 125 since Friday. Went on a run to Southport today - mixed motorway and country road driving - averaged 47mpg.

I didn't really get that in my 1.8 Focus TDCi... So this is awesome for me. Pretty chuffed!

and got 51 ave mpg was well happy with that seem the car getting better more miles you do so keep hitting them miles