Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Was/is Your Zetec S Lead Time?

m1stergeorge

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum but it's seems there is some really good information on here.

I just wanted to see what people have been advised for lead times on their Zetec S. I ordered mine (Metallic paint, standard spec, no options) via a personal lease provider and it was confirmed as being ordered on 13th Feb. Currently being quoted a (very) rough delivery estimate of 'late April/Early May' which in my mind is a little too vague for my liking.

So that's basically anywhere between 10-13 weeks for delivery. Is that right for what is more or less a generic order?

Cheers.

My factory order has taken 4 months but I did spec extras such as leather, I believe they have recently ramped up production at the Cologne factory to meet demand so lead times should be getting a bit shorter

Ordered 19th Feb from ford dealer. Estimated delivery 23rd April. But didn't sound overly confident

Ordered 19th Feb from ford dealer. Estimated delivery 23rd April. But didn't sound overly confident

I ordered the week before you, even then the PCH company started mentioning May with late April being the absolute earliest. Admittedly, this is my first lease car and I know about the lead time before signing the proposal, I may have gone elsewhere that had stock.

Ordered a white zetec s from evans halshaw Ashton Under Lyne on the 22nd December with 17 inch alloys, DAB radio, privacy glass, EATC, city pack and convenience pack going picking it up March 3rd. Can't wait :D

Ordered mine on 14th November and picked it up the 3rd of February :)

Completely standard except for tints

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Ford OC mobile app

Signed on the dotted line today & have been advised it could be as early as 23rd March, if not 7th April

I also have 17inch alloys, Privacy Glass & DAB Radio as extras

Signed on the dotted line today & have been advised it could be as early as 23rd March, if not 7th April

I also have 17inch alloys, Privacy Glass & DAB Radio as extras

I'm guessing it must be in stock somewhere as a month would be too short for a factory order.

Looks like 7-11 weeks are the average.

Ordered a white zetec s from evans halshaw Ashton Under Lyne on the 22nd December with 17 inch alloys, DAB radio, privacy glass, EATC, city pack and convenience pack going picking it up March 3rd. Can't wait :D

Was that a factory order!? If so then that's an excellent lead time considering Xmas probably delayed things by a couple weeks.

Ordered my Zetec S on 16th January, in Race Red with 17"alloys, Sat Nav, keyless entry, privacy glass, and been told sometime in the first 2 weeks of April can't come soon enough!!!

Around 6 weeks. Ordered Mid Jan 2013 and took delivery 1st March 2013.

I'm guessing it must be in stock somewhere as a month would be too short for a factory order.

Looks like 7-11 weeks are the average.

Was that a factory order!? If so then that's an excellent lead time considering Xmas probably delayed things by a couple weeks.

Yep was a factory order. Going in tomorrow to pay the deposit.

Yep was a factory order. Going in tomorrow to pay the deposit.

That's impressive. Take the Xmas break into account and that's an 8-9 week turnaround(ish).

just over 21 weeks from order to delivery.

Ouch! Was there an explanation to why there was such a delay?

No mate, 2 week delivery shutdown over xmas / new year, other than that i never got an explanation. Customer care people just kept saying it takes 21 weeks to deliver a car, when i said most got them within 10 weeks they just shrugged it off. Was annoyed at the time but the car was worth the wait.

It looks stuning in white with 17" alloys and tinted glass, sounds great and drives brilliantly. I dont think there is a better car out there for the money. Although i sometimes wish i spent another 2k and brought the ST, but I'm more than happy with the ZS.

That's shocking. Even fords own website details roughly a 10-12 week wait for standard spec orders. For upgraded alloys and a window tint, that shouldn't warrant that amount of extra time.

Easter is only a couple of days (Friday/Monday). I imagine the Xmas shutdown would've been for a week at least.

I read that cologne are now producing 110 more a day since putting an extra shift on in Jan.

Haven't even been waiting a week yet and I'm impatient

I read that cologne are now producing 110 more a day since putting an extra shift on in Jan.

Haven't even been waiting a week yet and I'm impatient

Can I ask where you saw that info? Admittedly, I've only been waiting a couple of weeks but the lack of info I'm getting from my PCH company is whats leading me to look at other ways of obtaining said info.

Can't find the exact site now but mentioned here

http://www.at.ford.com/news/cn/Pages/Ford%20Fiesta%20No-1%20Again%20in%20Europe.aspx

Looks like output will be increased in march, should help us out.

My current Citroen is due MOT in may, fingers crossed I get it in time

Ah, looks like that extra output is effective as of next month based on that article. All good news though!

Finally got my build date. Looks like the 11th March. A (very) slim chance that I'll get it for the start of April in that case.

And you placed the order 13th of February? Let's hope for delivery early April!

I placed my order 14th of January. It has no confirmed build date yet. I'm from Denmark, but as far as I know, they're produced the same place.