Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Choosing and Fitting a Sat Nav in a new MK7 Fiesta

plunder

Hello All,

I'm looking forward to delivery of my new Fiesta Titanium in approx. 8 weeks time.

(5 dr - Frozen white - F&R Parking - BT/USB - ESP/Traction)

I'm looking into the purchase of a sat nav system, probably tomtom as i've used a PDA with TT Navigator for the past few years.

I have pretty much decided on the tomtom GO 740 Satellite Navigation LIVE with UK and Full European Mapping.

See Here for product Info.

Has anyone used this model? Any thoughts on this or any other makes and models?

Have you managed to intergrate a sat nav with the bluetooth Ford system, so that you can have the satnav directions coming from

your car Speakers while listening to say the radio or a cd or ipod while also being able to make and receive calls?

Also has any one hardwired one of these systems into their new Fiestas? If so maybe you could let us know how you achieved this?

On my MK6 Fiesta i got a four way 12v socket adaptor and wired it up into the glove box. I was then able to run various devices from there.

I ran a wire from the 12v socket up behind the dashboard and out into the middle of the dash to a holder for my old sat nav.

Has anyone done anything similar in their MK7?

Also i noticed that there is a small plastic black dome in the centre of the dash near the windscreen... is this for passing a wire through?

Thank you in advance for any help and advice.

plunder

(Mark)

The "dome" is a sunlight sensor for the Climate Control system.

We have a TT 910 but as yet haven't tried it in the Fiesta - we tend to use our C4 Picasso for any long journeys that would involve use of a Sat Nav as it is a much quiter & relaxing drive as well as being bigger.

We didn't buy the Fiesta for long journeys - it is a commuter vehicle that saves us money!! over our Megane CC - even if you cant fold the roof!!

The "dome" is a sunlight sensor for the Climate Control system.

Doh! I see... I had no idea thats what it was... The advantages of manual ownership i imagine :)

Anyone else got any satnav info or are Fiesta owners all sticking with a good old OS map?

What i'm particularly interested in is how people have permanently wired it in so no untidy

wires are hanging out of the stock 12v socket.

cheers!

plunder

What i'm particularly interested in is how people have permanently wired it in so no untidy

wires are hanging out of the stock 12v socket.

cheers!

plunder

running a tomtom on its charger all the time is the best way it knacker its battery!

running a tomtom on its charger all the time is the best way it knacker its battery!

Mine broke without having it on charge all the time :(

Anyone else got any satnav info or are Fiesta owners all sticking with a good old OS map?

plunder

Like Smudger, my Fiesta doesn't do too many long journeys but when we do I don't need satnav..........I've got Jannav! ;)

She might as well tell me where to go when we're driving--no point in her changing just cos we're in the car! :lol:

Seriously though, I just get a route planner via AA or RAC and follow that.

No wires, no drilling, nothing to pinch from the car etc. ;)

I've got a great Navigon sat nav which plugs in. battery is supposed to last 3.5 hours but is more like 1 hour. And it tells me which lane to be in. So far so good. I cant cope with endless lengths of a map with a highliter pen highlighting my route from London to erm outer London :o

I've got a great Navigon sat nav which plugs in. Battery is supposed to last 3.5 hours but is more like 1 hour. And it tells me which lane to be in. So far so good. I cant cope with endless lengths of a map with a highliter pen highlighting my route from London to erm outer London :o

To be fair, if I lived in London I'd definitely need a satnav.

Fortunately, here in the sticks, it's not necessary as I know where I'm going.....most of the time! ;)

if your right handed, a good place for the suction mount would be on the glass of the driver's side front quarter light imo

if your right handed, a good place for the suction mount would be on the glass of the driver's side front quarter light imo

Tried our TT910 there - but there isn't enough room. The Tom Tom mount doesn't stick out far enough to enable you to mount the sat nav. May be ok for other makes though.

• 2 years later...

Hi, does anyone have one of these Chinese sat nav units?

http://www.chinavasion.com/2-din-car-dvd/road-rave-7-inch-in-dash-car-dvd-with-gps-ford-fiesta-fit/

What is the functionality like?

Whats the iPod/iPhone integration like?

Do the stering wheel controls still work?

Does voice still work?

What are the good points and the bad?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club