Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reverse Sensors..

Gib123

Ok, so i am going to fit one of these Chinese double din dvd/sat nav/blah blah headunits, and im also going to fit reversing sensors for the Mrs.

My question is, can anyone think of a way of connecting the sensors to the headunit? I know it wont read the video or show a picture, just thought there might be a way, as i know you can get reverse sensor units that have screens.

The other option i was thinking of, (after being in The Mrs uncles new Qashqai, is to get a reverse camera (numberplate style) and link that to the headunit, and have the reverse sensors too, so when it goes into reverse, the screen comes on for the camera, and the reverse sensors turn on, just like in the newer cars.

Thoughts?

You just need a reverse camera - you can get ones that fit in one of the number plate lights - Those headunits take a reverse camera. The headunits themselves often get very mixed reviews.

Reverse feed is Pin 1 (green/orange wire) on the big brown connecter on the passenger fuse box, just tap into that

Cheers mate. I know they take a reverse camera, I'm just waiting to hear back from the supplier as to weather the screen will automatically switch to reverse camera when you select reverse. Kinda defeats the purpose of having to stop, select the right AV channel before you start reversing.

I was just wondering if it could work alongside the reverse sensors, but i guess i answered my own question, the two things (camera and sensors) would just run separate but simultaneously.

And as far as the quality of the Chinese units goes, I'm not expecting a top notch finish, but it has everything i want (Bluetooth/Sat Nav/USB/Ipod) with the bonus of DVD if needed and also SD cards, for a fraction of a branded unit of the same spec. Built in 4 chan 65 watt amp too, so im assuming it should run the factory Speakers ok.

• 2 weeks later...

Were u geting the radio from ans whats it called please after one myself

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Were u geting the radio from ans whats it called please after one myself

Likewise. I've been watching a few on fleebay but haven't really got 200 quid to spare at the moment

Lee

Inoo arr just waitin for right one

The Chinese unit I had in my old Focus selected the rear camera automatically when you selected reverse. Chances are this one will as the camera will also be powered from the power to the reverse light, and once the camera switches on it should take over the unit.

I cant see a way of getting the unit to link to reversing sensors though.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers for all the info guys, I actually forgot about this thread.

As for which head unit im getting, its a toss up between two. Both of them being Eonon brand from eBay. They do a good few different models, but im going for one with dvd/bluetooth/gps blah blah, but its also got full mobile phone connectivity/screen mirroring and all that kind of gadgetry.

Not really needed but fun to play with while your waiting for your Mrs :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club