Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hid's Fitted :d

njosefx

Hi guys,

I received my HID's last Friday and fitted them same day! I was very interested to see how much of a difference it makes, and I can tell you now it's makes a massive difference! The lights is wider and longer now, I really wasn't happy with my previous bulbs I couldn't see anything and I hated going out at night, now I actually like to go out at night because I can see everything in front of me. They are 6000K 35w HID's, was going to buy the 8000K but I didn't want them to be too blue! I will attach a few images so you guys can decide:)

post-48163-0-76897300-1393432694_thumb.j

post-48163-0-89201900-1393432710_thumb.j

Which 1's did you buy? I'm looking to get some for my fiesta. Are they difficult to fit?

I just got ones off eBay mate, H7 6000K 35w you need a metal base HID or else you will need bulb holders, And no it wasn't difficult at all! The only thing you need to do is cut a hole in the cover that protects the bulb to let the wires through, and the rest is very straight forward

Ah ok, so many to decide from :l where did you put the square box? I've seen people stick it under the light but I'm not so sure about that :s

Try HID's direct, they have a website and eBay shop as well, free postage on eBay. They charge a little extra but are a UK seller and not some dodgy Chinese one. They are very helpful if you want to ask them anything. The square box is the ballast you can fix it anywhere convenient, some tape them under the headlight unit I used cable ties and fixed it to a couple of holes in the inner wing inside the engine bay. Lots of guys on her have fitted these and posted guides, just have a search around. I would also suggest that whilst you have the light units out that you replace your sidelights with Cree LED's to give the same white light. Might as well de-tango as well and get it all done in one go.

They are very easy to fit, but let's all be honest they are not legal. If you have projector lenses they will not blind anyone, but if not chances are they will blind oncoming drivers.

Ah ok, so many to decide from :l where did you put the square box? I've seen people stick it under the light but I'm not so sure about that :s

There are a lot to choose from I agree! As Phil said, it would be best to get it from UK sellers, the eBay seller I got mine off was amazing! I ordered them Friday morning and received them the next day! I would highly recommend Metal based HID's. I found a great place for my ballast, I placed them on the top left and top right of the headlights there was 2 perfect sized places to put them, I didn't even need to bolt or stick them down.

I take it they are legal ?

Aftermarket HIDs are not legal as you don't have auto levelling motors or washer jets on the headlamps.

Drive in front of a wall in the dark, put your lights on and use the manual levelling knob to make sure the beam isn't higher than where the bottom of a windscreen would be on an oncoming car. Sorted.

so you say that the beam pattern could be up to three feet high, this would easily blind drivers at a greater distance due to scatter. dipped beams should light down not up,get them set at a garage with the proper equipment.

Trouble is normal halogen drivers don't have them correctly aligned either. What I really don't understand is why Ford don't offer bi-xenon's as an optional extra I for one would definitely have ordered them.