Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Weird Interior Light Behaviour

ChrisCooper

I've recently replaced my main interior lights (front, rear, boot and footwells) with LEDs, but now have a weird problem. The rear light is now on all the time if in the middle position. If switched to off or on it will go off. I struggled getting the cover off and ended up pulling the whole light fitting down, but it went back as it should afterwards. Any ideas what might be wrong? I presume the light has 2 feeds, one a permenant on and one from the control module for when the doors are open. The front light operates as it should, on when the doors are open, off a few seconds after the doors are closed. It's not a big problem as I've currently got it turned off, but it would be nice to sort it out.

Faulty switch on the light i had this on the front and replaced the fitting and problem sorted

I took the light out and apart today and realised that the + contact on the switch had bent so was not making contact with the + contacts in the light fitting. It was instead on the centre position making contact with the copper strip that feeds the always on supply around the back of the fitting to it's contact, hence why the middle position was turning the light on. I pushed the contacts in and after re-assembing it works fine. I imagine i bent it when I took the cover off to replace the bulb.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club