Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Bus Vs Vauxhall - I Win!

jeebowhite

So, the last few days have been rough enough anyway! but this morning after a hospital appointment (upcoming operation) I headed off to work. Stopped at the traffic lights with a gap in front of the vehicle ahead, and BANG - a v#####ll zafira decided that my boot would be a nice parking space.

I could do without this!

So looks like hes done a good job on the bumper, and I am hoping that is it!

Photo's will be forthcoming!

Although the dashcam pointed forward, it still caught the impact and the shaking it caused, so I have the scene on tape, conditions, and also managed to capture a picture of the driver.

What bothers me... three romanian men jumping out the car, no explanation for the accident, no cause of the accident, no reason... My synical mind jumps on - cash for crash?

I wonder if they will write my car off....? I can only hope!

Jesus, no luck at all mate.

How's your neck? ;)

If it was a con they would have made you crash into them.

neck is sore so I am keeping an eye on it, might end up going to hospital though....

definately go to hospital and get it checked out. hope your ok matey.

yeah other than a sore neck and an angry disposition I am fine.

Now it looks like Adrian Flux are going to have to charge me more on my policy because there is an in progress claim... Seriously? its not even my feckin fault...

I hope she comes back in a moment and tells me its all fine...

Update: Damnit, I now have to pay another £60 to keep the policy, then I get it refunded when its found no fault of my own. Irritating really, I dont really have the patience or the money to faff around like this!

Sorry to hear about this dude - hope you're OK though.

As the others said, I strongly recommend you get yourself checked out - it may seem like there is no pain at first, but then a several weeks later it can prop out of nowhere.

Any idea how fast they were going approx when they ran into the back of you?

Well I did to hospital and have a golden dose of whiplash.

Of work tomorrow and going onto some serious painkillers tomorrow my neck is locked up and pain is crippling it all hit me in about 2 hours.

As for speed I'm now confident he hit me around 25mph whilst I was at standstill...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Ford OC mobile app

James I'm really sorry to hear this! That is rough man! I am a bit surprised at jow AF are dealing with it... good thing your dashcam got some evidence! I'm a bit late saying it but I'm glad you went to the hospital.

Any kind of injuries that may happen later on as a result of this accident no matter how minor can be ignored without medical back up. Now you have an on record file of injury it should aid your claim.

Has AF confirmed if the other vehicle is insured? I can imagine how much of a nightmare this is for you, affecting your work and income plus health and means of transport.

Feel for you

Sent from my automated robot M1X-M4573R-700N3Y

It seems to me that if your the victim in an accident your the one that loses out most. My son had his car written off over 12 months ago and he is still battling to get full settlement of his lost earnings, he had 2 days off work and they are arguing the toss over it. Adrian Flux were his agents as well, can't recall which insurance company, but the solicitors they appointed are c**p.

What upsets me is even if they accept responsibility and all repairs paid for, you still lose out on the cars value now it has a category damage on it.

Sent from my HUAWEI P2 using Ford OC mobile app

Well, further developments (I suppose you could call them that?)

I got home from the hospital and started thinking... I had seen this car before, and couldnt quite place it, then it hit me! 4 minutes before the accident, I was on the outside lane of a dual carriageway, merging with the traffic, and this car was ont he inside lane, we made eye contact and he let me in without issue. Then it appears he followed me (deliberately or otherwise...) to the point of the accident four minutes later. my suspicious head is causing me a headache!

So I have written up a statement of events, and found that in fact, a couple of details I advised the insurer of where inaccurate - the time of the incident (out by 20 minutes!) and the speed at which I was travelling (I said zero, however, the dashcam shows that I was just crawling!) so I shall provide them my statement and allow them to come to their conclusions based on this.

James I'm really sorry to hear this! That is rough man! I am a bit surprised at jow AF are dealing with it... good thing your dashcam got some evidence! I'm a bit late saying it but I'm glad you went to the hospital.

Any kind of injuries that may happen later on as a result of this accident no matter how minor can be ignored without medical back up. Now you have an on record file of injury it should aid your claim.

Has AF confirmed if the other vehicle is insured? I can imagine how much of a nightmare this is for you, affecting your work and income plus health and means of transport.

Feel for you

Just to clarify, AF are my next insurer (due to start my policy next month with them!), i am disappointed that I have to pay the additional premium, however, I suppose at least I am likely to get it back when liability is admitted.

my current insurer though, have indeed confirmed that the other driver is insured! (that did surprise me!) so its a positive, I now just have to wait and see what happens! I trust that he admits liability quickly and I can get on with my life!

It seems to me that if your the victim in an accident your the one that loses out most. My son had his car written off over 12 months ago and he is still battling to get full settlement of his lost earnings, he had 2 days off work and they are arguing the toss over it. Adrian Flux were his agents as well, can't recall which insurance company, but the solicitors they appointed are c**p.

Sadly so Phil! I dont want to end up in the system for months on end, but I am already feeling the effects of this accident. Neck ache is part of it, but the effect its already having on my family (less than half a day later!) and already it shows that if this does persist over a longer term, then I will need to report it for compensation. Its already costing me a day off work tomorrow, and whatever happens next week. I am taking my car to Ford tomorrow for a review and they can advise the damages. I am in two minds if I want them to write it off or not!

What upsets me is even if they accept responsibility and all repairs paid for, you still lose out on the cars value now it has a category damage on it.

Sadly spot on there Richard! my car is already a CAT C - so I wonder if this is just going to mark that catagory for the second time, hence my curious nature of whether this will kill the car or not.

On the plus side, I have noted that the financial ombudsman have the following article to say on the value of a written off vehicle:

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/motor-valuation.html#14

typically not more than 20% dedubction for a write off, over a standard vehicle. with low prices of around £2500 on autotrader, that should pay out approximately £2000 in the event of a write off. However, I dont think the bill could span that far for the car bumper alone. However, taking into account the cost of the guaranteed hire car they will offer, as well as Ford's labour rate and parts, I expect that the bill could be close to that! alternatively, the lowest price is £2100, which would result in a lesser payout of around £1600 which is quite likely the cost of the full claim including courtesy car!

And today it would seem I lose. Ford 'estimate 1600 to 1700 easily' on top of the rental fees for a loan car!

So I have my eye on a couple of mondys close by. 04 plate 2.0's.

Happy day or sad day? I'm not sure...

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

New car, got to be a happy day. It's probably the damage you can't see that is bumping price up.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Plus any body shop would probably want extra for having to remove the crap the v'all decided to inbed into the back of your car.

lol, to be fair, there is no leftover v#####l left on my caqr (thankfully). I just got off the phone with adrimal, I need Ford to send me the quote on email, then I can forward it on. Within 48 hours I should have clarity of salvage or writeoff.

So, Admiral recon its borderline, and said that probably the engineers will review the report and would prefer to salvage the car, so at the moment, it looks like I might be keeping it a bit longer. Although I might try and sell it myself later if they must do that!

My temptation now is that I wonder if I can start removing my mod's in case they decided to write the car off? or do they have to have the car as is?

Sorry to hear this James hope you get it sorted in your favour in some way!

Keep us posted :)

Thanks James, oddly I do look forward to a write off decision.

I fancy the idea of having a play with a mondy, especially since a bigger more powerful engine is cheaper to run than my CMAX.

• Like 1

really sorry to hear about your misfortune james...fingers crossed will work in your favour :-*

• Like 1

Thanks James, oddly I do look forward to a write off decision.

I fancy the idea of having a play with a mondy, especially since a bigger more powerful engine is cheaper to run than my CMAX.

Get a 2.0 focus 2.5 :D

Get a 2.0 focus 2.5 :D

Ahh if only. :(

Sent from my HTC One XL using Ford OC mobile app

If only indeed. I am estimating best case scenario getting about 1.5 for it.. No way could I get that lol but I'm hoping to get a 2.0 07 plate Monday with 1700 on the clock. High miles but full service history is good start.

If they fix mine though, I might just sell it on.

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

If a scratty Vauxhall hit you, then most of the repair cost will be for decontamination.

lol :) very true indeed!

Although I dont believe that comes as part of the insurance claim sadly :(

And so, the bill is in!

£1980.59 :D

That is before they find anything else (preying its going to be a write off!!!!!!)