Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Bus Vs Vauxhall - I Win!

jeebowhite

Yeah I doubt they'd repair it as it'll cost more than the cars worth even without previous category but they won't pay that much just what they value it at.

Sent from my HUAWEI P2 using Ford OC mobile app

As long as they give me about £1800 I will be happy!

Then I can buy myself a mondy I have my eye on!

you could always buy back from insurers, repair, and sell on. making even more money maybe? really really sorry to hear about ur accident, i feel for ya.... !Removed! foreign drivers..... glad to hear ur ok tho even tho whiplash is a !Removed!

Thanks Martin,to be honest I dont have the time or capital to invest in a buyback and sell on! if they do write her off, I will just be happy to move forth and get something new!

ive just read a email tbh, at 8:34 this morning when we had a accident last year, a morrisons 40ft'er ran in the rear of us.... this is of the email :-

However, we would like to make you aware that the third party has now submitted a claim for a whiplash/soft tissue type injury, which they sustained as a result of the accident. Although this may come as a surprise, please be aware that injured parties have a 3-year period in which to submit an injury claim.

Unfortunately, due to the accident circumstances and cost of repairs to both vehicles involved, we will not be in a position to dispute any claim for injury, therefore we will look to settle the injury claim on best terms.

wtf.......

And so, the bill is in!

£1980.59 :D

You could get an old Zafira for that ;)

Begs the question what they are on about... They crashed into you so what's your insurer playing at?

And byron, I think I would prefer to eat my own eyeballs...

Sent from my MY SAGA C2 using Ford OC mobile app

!Removed! crap... apparently a crash claim can stay open for 3 years, so any other claim could be bought forward.... the smash was in july last year and sorted end of august. total cost of repair 1093 quid.... they said it doesnt matter apparently and any info will be taken in.....

tbh i dont know how insurer's work...... but this is just wrong....

James just don't accept the first offer always go back to them and argue for more. If you can find adverts on auto trader for your type of car in the condition yours was in etc that will be good evidence for how much you want from them.

Agree entirely fella's, and Phil, got one for 2100 and another for 2500, so those are the numbers they will be directed to! if they offer me 18-- straight up, then I might just get on with it (purely because it will buy me a toy I want) alternatively, if they take the mick, then the answer is an outright no thanks and I want a lot more!

Which model have you got?

Sent from my HUAWEI P2 using Ford OC mobile app

Focus cmax zetec 1.6 cvt

James my son's solicitor has just written to him confirming the court finally agreed he IS due his loss of earnings and more for fuel costs to look for a car, result. Only took 13 months!

Richard, yeah 2k by their prices, but over 2k around the autotrader mark, even if I only got about £1700 I could at least still get myself a half decent mondy!

Phil, crikey that took long enough didnt it! perhaps I should start cataloguing all the mileage of car hunting I am doing!

Record everything, mileage, postage, loss of earnings anything that costs you money that you wouldn't otherwise pay out.

Cheers Phil, already started, although I get paid sick leave at work so thankfully don't have loss of earnings but if I run out and need sick leave later... Then I may have issues..

If anyone suffers ANY kind of pain or injury it's always best to call police. A damage only RTC wouldn't normally necessitate a Police presence unless it's getting out of hand. However, most forces policy is that officers attend all personal injury accidents. A collision/accident report book should be completed by the officer attending, and your insurance company can request this (at cost) from the Police.

If it's a damage only accident it's also always best to go to your local Police station and ask for a self reporting form. Some forces have these online also. Fill it in including the sketch plan and return it. It just adds extra weight and covers your a s s.

I know this probably won't help the OP but may help others in future...

All the best...

Thanks for the advice Sherif! perhaps a bit late for myself.... unless it is within time for me to do a self assessment report...

Dangit....

So I just called up the insurers looking for some answers, was advised that Ford's labour rates where too high! whinging that it was going to be £740 (or £40 an hour on bodyshop!) and that was too expensive for them, so they wont approve it...

What irritates me the most is that they wont even tell you what price they will pay up to! because some garages will just estimate up to that, then all of a sudden an ugly repair magically appears in the middle of the job.... so they wont tell me what they value the car at and what they are willing to pay.

So tomorrow I get the pleasure of visiting a few more garages and getting bodyshop quotes, but since I dont trust anyone short of Ford to do it, I am going to go to another two Ford dealerships tomorrow and see if they can offer a quote and get it over! I am not having some random tom !Removed! or harry trying to fix the car if it needs repairing, and to be honest, if they are going to write it off, I want it done on the basis that the job is tooo expensive to do properly, and not just because people cant be bothered, or wont cut corners!

Doesn't you insurer have a recommended repairer? They normally send a loss adjuster first then make a decision based on their report

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

You can choose any garage for repairs as long as your Insurer agrees.

Yeh but guess they have deals with body shops?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Yeah they havea designated repairer, about 20 miles away and I am not farcing around with that! I want the job done properly and asessed properly by Ford and repaired to Ford standards, not someone elses! to be honest, I just want to know what the write off cut off value is.... I would rather know that as soon as it hits £1500, I need to start asking family for help int he short term whilst the car is fixed, or written off! clearly the other party is in no hurry to tell their insurer (let alone admit liability!) so I dont know what the hell is going on!

Write it off, I dont care, and I would even in a way be relieved, because at least them I know I can start looking, negotiating and getting my hands on a new motor, rather than sitting on my hands for two working days every other day just waiting for them to negotiate rates with Ford or someone else to sort the issue out!

What I wonder though is this... If I only want it repaired by Ford, and they cant negotiate rates with them, will they write the car off, or refuse to write it off, as they believe they could get it repaired cheaper elsewhere?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club