Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2 Xenon Headlamps

Jockstar

I've seen an advert for a pair of Mk2 Ford Focus Xenon headlamps that originated from a Focus ST for sale (£150). They come complete with bulbs and covers. I was just wondering what's involved in retro fitting these to a normal Focus that has standard headlights. Are they plug and play or do they require a different wiring harness? Are Xenon lights covered by the same rules as HID in that your require washer jets and self levelling? (sorry I'm not sure what the difference is between HID and Xenon)

Thanks,

John.

Hi! I've done this modification on my Focus. Unfortunately, they are not plug and play, just the contrary, they need some modification with the wiring and plugs. I think I've written about it in one of my previous posts ( you can check from my profile). The other problem that I think is going to occur is the leveling sensors. In my country it's not necessary to modify them to work with auto leveling sensors so I changed the leveling motors with manual ones and now they work with manual leveling control, but in the UK I guess you are going to have troubles with MOT.

I had a feeling that might be the case. I think I'll concentrate my efforts on suspension instead. Thanks!

You can still upgrade with the adaptive halogen headlamps, buy an aftermarket xenon kit and just plug off it before MOT. All happy! :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club